T w e n t y - S i x - Dreams Of Memories

Your p. o. v.

"Mother, I said I'm not hungry. How many times do I have to make that clear, woman?"

I watched my mother with a narrowed eye as she walked into the room holding a dish that was covered with a red kitchen towel. She'd had me sit down in the living room while she went ahead and started preparing food for me even though I didn't ask. Being in my old home again, seeing how mostly everything had remained the same felt very nostalgic and strange.

My mother glared at me after my comment and snapped, "Call me woman one more time. Your 800? I'll still set you straight like you're 9. I know I was a witch but you've no need to act so uptight. I want to take care of you."

I sighed heavily as she walked up to me and set before me the covered dish. After gazing at me silently for a few moments with a look of adoration, she then ran back to the kitchen to bring out more stuff. "If I don't see you eating by the time I get back I'll force feed you like I used to with your veggies~!"

"What—what is wrong with you??" I stammer under my breath, clenching my fists as I look down at the dish. I admit I was glad she wasn't treating me the same but it didn't warrant her going out of her way to embarrass me...

At least Jason wasn't around—hell knows where he's gotten to but maybe it's for the better. He's been starting to unnerve me more than I'd like to admit.

I preferred not to have my mother harass me any further so I decided to uncover the food and at least try to eat a bit to keep her quiet.

꧁꧂

After ending up eating more that several dishes of food that my mother prepared because of her constant nagging, I felt completely full and disgusted, but the food was... deliciously addicting, to say the least. "I'm the Grim Reaper, I have no need to eat THIS much," I scowled at my mother while she sat beside me, watching me eat. However, I said this in the midst of shoveling into my mouth a large spoonful of (Flavor) ice cream.

"Hm. Your father and servants seem to have spoiled you so much you became an ungrateful, whiny hellion. I certainly didn't teach you any of this—and GET your shoes off my table, who do you think you are!?"

My legs were propped up on the coffee table while I was eating and complaining but my mother suddenly forced both my legs off, nearly making me slide off the couch. "Stop harassing me!" I sneered at her while holding my ice cream protectively so I didn't drop it. Mother rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, "You see, this is what happens to spoiled children who get raised like spoiled princes their whole lives. God I wish I could take everything back. I would've kept those manners I taught you pounded into your skull. Would've been the humblest skeleton man in existence."

"Don't ...call me skeleton man," I grumbled, biting my spoon, "how would you like it if I called you fleshy woman?....Or something lame like that..."

My mother sighed but a slow smile formed on her face and she gently rested a hand on my forearm. "You know, I love you, (Name). I get you're probably still processing that but there's no need to act so harsh. Just relax and let me take up the responsibility I should've sustained long ago."

I really felt moved by the things my mother was saying, and though I was still in between trusting her words and holding off on opening up to her out of fear, I felt a bit bad for how bitter I was acting towards her when she seemed to be genuinely trying to make up for the past. It would never ever be enough, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to at least try to accept this old side of her that I had missed so much...

Letting out a sigh, I relaxed my shoulders a bit and pulled the spoon out of my mouth, "...Thanks...mother."

She nodded to me before getting up from the couch and picking up the stack of multiple empty dishes I had cleared out. "I'll go put these up and then get your bed put together. You must be tired from having to run away, I'm sure, or do you not sleep over there in the underworld?—oh don't answer that, of course you sleep, who doesn't love sleep?"