18. Secret relationships

Despite winning yesterday and having ridiculously good sex with Jake I still woke up in a shit mood. While my day might have went pretty well yesterday it ended on a bad note. I didn't usually mind going to the parties the team threw, especially not after a win.

Last night everything seemed to go to shit. I'd shown up kinda late but I'd went straight to the drinks to do my best to catch up. Everything was going well but then Justin couldn't keep his mouth shut. He started in about me and this time he had the balls to come right up and say it in my face. He was mostly talking out of his ass saying how shit of a player I was and how we were lucky to have won with me dragging the team down.

I had a feeling I knew what it all was really about. Yeah he was annoyed that I was captain and not him but I think there was more to it. I was just waiting for the day he spewed out some homophobic shit and finally revealed that he wasn't mad that I was the captain over him but just that a gay dude was the captain of the football team.

Luckily Monroe had stepped in told him to fuck off and stopped me before I did anything I definitely would've regretted this morning.

I walked out of my room to the sight of Becca cooking up breakfast.

"You look like shit, sit down and eat some of this." she gestured to one of the seats and shoveled some eggs on a plate.

"You're always so nice to me." I said sarcastically.

"I made you breakfast, that's nice enough." She rolled her eyes and sat in the seat next to me.

"Thank you." I smiled starting to dig into the food in front of me.

"You know you've been happier lately." She observed.

I gave her a look. I didn't know how she could say I've been happier when I was in such a shit mood at the moment. Was I really that much of an asshole all the time that right now was me being nicer?

"Well obviously not right now but I know you're still pissed at the whole Justin thing. I meant more like in general."

"I guess I've been feeling better lately but it's probably just because I'm getting laid regularly." I shrugged.

Jake definitely wasn't making me happy. I guess he sort of was but not Jake himself more like his dick was making me happier. If Jake and I actually tried to hang out with our clothes on I was slightly worried we might try to kill each other. We didn't get along, I'd come to terms with that fact awhile ago. He was a dickhead and I had no patience to deal with him unless it was when he was giving me an orgasm.

"When are you going to tell me about this guy you've been sleeping with?"

"Never." I shook my head, I'd never be able to admit it out loud that I was sleeping with my enemy.

"Why not? You always talk to me about guys. It's not like you to keep things from me."

"It's just not really a serious thing. I barely even like the guy. We have good sex and that's all, there's nothing more to tell." I tried to give her as much as I could without spilling the whole truth.

"Well then what's wrong with the guy? Why don't you like him? Is it Justin?"

I choked on the food I had in my mouth.

"Ew that's literally disgusting. I can't believe you'd ever say that to me." I looked at my best friend in disgust.

"I wouldn't have to make such crazy guesses if you'd just tell me who you're sleeping with."

The sound of a squeak coming from the doorway made us both shut up and turn to figure out what was happening. Jetson stood there staring at the two of us his eyes wide and I'm pretty sure he was starting to sweat.

Jesus, he was seriously terrible with secrets. I gave him a look trying to get him to keep his mouth shut.

"You hungry? I made eggs." Becca asked him.

Jetson opened his mouth looking like he was going to answer but then snapped it shut.

"Are you ok?" My best friend eyed our roommate concerned.

"I got to go read-," he paused and then shook his head. "Practice, I got very important practice, you know football things." And then he turned and practically sprinted out of the apartment.

"That was weird right?" Becca looked at me.

"Yeah but you know Jetson, always a strange one." I tried to play it off.

She seemed to sit and think about it for a second.

"Yeah but not that strange. He's hiding something, you know how terrible he is at keeping secrets."

"Maybe he's seeing someone." I blurted out trying to come up with an excuse.

"You think? Damn what is with everyone and hiding secret relationships." Becca groaned.

"Mine isn't a relationship it's just sex." I argued.

I didn't know how long Jetson would last. Especially if Becca decided to start questioning him about a possible secret relationship. He'd blurt everything out within seconds. I was so unbelievably screwed. I didn't even really know why I wanted to keep it from Becca so badly. I think I knew that the second she'd find out she'd somehow convince herself that there was more there. She'd jump at the very unrealistic possibility that Jake and I would ever be anything more than people that hated each other who also had really good sex.

"Everyone's keeping secrets and I'm going to figure it all out." She announced.

That was my fear. Becca wouldn't give up. She never just let things go and I had to figure out how to prepare for the day Jetson spilled all the beans. At least I hoped that's how she found out because I really didn't need anyone else walking in on us.