36. Phone sex in the kitchen

I didn't have a lot of time over the last week to really think about what I had talked to Jake about. The thought had stuck with me but with the end of the season only a week away and classes still kicking my ass I couldn't do much with those thoughts. But I had woke up with some extra time this morning before I had class and it was time to maybe think about my options if changing my major was something that actually interested me.

I had no idea what I'd even want to change it to. There were some classes I had liked throughout the four years but trying to start from the beginning was giving me a headache.

"You want some coffee?" Monroe asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah sure." I nodded still scrolling my way through the list of majors.

"What's got you up so early?" He questioned.

"I'm looking at maybe changing my major but I have no idea where to even start." I told him.

Monroe turned to look at me surprise on his face. All my friends knew I didn't love Marketing and was only doing it because it's what my father majored in. I just don't think any of them actually thought I'd consider changing my path especially not so late.

"Have you considered making a meeting with your advisor? They'd be able to help you navigate it." He suggested.

I hadn't really thought of that. It was an obvious thing to do but going to talk to my advisor seemed serious and for now I was more entertaining the idea. I didn't know if I was ready to make that big of a change yet.

"I'll think about it. I don't know if I'm even going to do it."

"I think that if you find something you're into then you should go for it." Monroe advised.

I sometimes wished I had a clear vision of what I wanted from my life like he did. He's been working towards law school since his sophomore year of high school. He knows exactly what he wanted from life and he's just going for it, it made me sort of jealous.

Monroe slid a mug of coffee over to me just as my phone buzzed with a text.

Jake- Good morning, check your email

I stared at the words. My email? I didn't even know Jake had my email.

Evan- did you really send me an email???

Jake- just check your stupid email asshole

I could help but smile as I opened a new tab and pulled up my email. I saw an email sitting right at the top from Jake with the subject, you're welcome. When I opened the email the only thing there was an attachment to an excel spreadsheet.

Evan- what is this??

Jake- did you even open it?

I could feel the attitude through the phone. If Jake was here in front of me I knew he'd be rolling his eyes at me.

Evan- No

Jake- open it before I drive over there and do it for you

Evan- you can't tell me what to do dickhead

I wasn't being serious but sometimes I just liked to tease him a bit.

Jake- you love it. Now open the damn attachment

I decided against responding to his text knowing he was probably getting impatient with me. I clicked the excel attachment and watched as it loaded up.

"Holy fucking shit." I muttered staring at the screen of my laptop.

"What?" Monroe asked turning to see what I was looking at.

"Jake just-, he made a spreadsheet for me." I just blinked at the screen.

I couldn't even comprehend the kind of work that he went into for me. He'd put in all my interests, classes I had liked, my favorite subjects, he'd taken it all and used it to find majors he thought I might like. But he didn't stop there. He'd listed some jobs in those majors with links so that I could read up on them myself. He'd done all this just to help me out. I hadn't even thought about it as he asked me questions about my interests all week. I hadn't thought he'd do something like this.

I didn't think anyone had ever done something like this for me.

"Is it color coded?" Monroe peered over my shoulder.

I let out a laugh because the whole thing was in fact color coded. The sight was so Jake it had a warmness filling my chest.

"Yeah." I nodded. "He said he was going to try to help me with this whole changing majors thing but I didn't expect all this."

I felt myself get overwhelmed by emotion. I was so happy that Jake had even taken the time to think about what I might be interested in but also did this much research and put it all in a spreadsheet for me.

I didn't know how I'd be able to thank him. But I knew I wanted to see him so badly. Any self control to go slow and wait to sleep together went flying out the window because I was almost positive I'd jump him the second I saw him.

"You got yourself a good one Ev, I'm happy for you." Monroe smiled at me picking up his mug and another from the counter, that I'm sure he made for Becca, and walked towards his room.

The second he left I was grabbing my phone dialing Jake.

"I'm guessing you finally opened it." I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Are you free at all today? I want to see you."

"No thank you?"

"Oh trust me you'll get your thank you in person." I told him.

"And how exactly are you planning on thanking me?" His voice lowered that seductive tone lining each word.

"Preferably with your cock in my mouth."

"What the fuck!" I jumped at the sound of Jetsons voice. "No phone sex in the kitchen, oh my god my poor ears." He walked in his hands over his ears.

"Sorry Jet I didn't hear you." I apologized feeling guilty for the guy for all he's had to witness.

"Why does this always happen to me?" My roommate grumbled.

I tried to hold in the laugh but Jake wasn't helping as he laughed loudly in my ear only making me want to laugh even more.

"Im going to go into my room." I stood up and rushed out of the kitchen to my bedroom.

The second I was behind the closed door I let out a laugh.

"Oh my god." I chuckled.

"Poor man doesn't get a break." Jake joked.

"I know."

"But I'm guessing you liked the spreadsheet."

"I loved it Jake. Seriously thank you so much, no one has ever done something like that for me before."

I wished Jake was right in front of me. I wanted to hug him and tell him how amazing he was to his face. And well I did really want to get on my knees for him.

It wasn't the first time I thought this but it was the first time I knew for sure I was falling in love with him.

A/n:

I've spent all weekend listening to Midnights and I'm in love. It's so good which wasn't really a surprise because I love Taylor Swift with my whole heart. But so many of the songs fit the vibe for my next book so listening to the album has helped me with motivation for that. However I'm putting that on hold for a bit because I really want to focus on this book. I'm getting close to finishing writing it. This book will probably be around sixty chapters long so you still got some more book to read.

I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you Friday with something a little spicy 🌶.

-Cora Leigh