Chapter 1: Underground City

First person POV: (Y/n)

Year 846.

The Underground is not a good place to be born in. Hell, it's the worst place to be born in. The place is dark, dirty, and crawling with prostitutes, criminals, and dealers like myself. It's the worst place to be born in, indeed. If you don't counter that, we have the best protection against Titans, should something happen again – when the Walls come down.

Near a year ago, a tragic thing happened. Wall Maria was breached, Titans swarmed the Shiganshina district quickly after a titan – they named the Colossal Titan – kicked a hole into the outer gate of the wall. Soon after another abnormal Titan appeared, this one got named the Armored Titan, and it destroyed the inner gate.

This left a huge wave of refugees in Wall Rose and Wall Sheena. Thank the lords that none of them were allowed to enter the Underground. This place is already crowded and disgusting enough. We don't need more people littering the place, more people to kill, steal, and do whatever it takes to survive down here.

Most of us here are living off stealing and murdering. I amongst them.

I've been surviving by myself for six miserable years. I taught myself how to handle my knife, and I found the right contacts to become a drug dealer and earn some dirty money.

How many damn times I've had to run, fight, steal, and kill to survive to maintain myself? Still, sometimes it isn't enough.

A drunken MP, one wrong move, one wrong alley, and poof . . . virginity no more. As the MP was finishing up, he let his guard down, I charged at him and murdered him the same brutal way I did for my father four years earlier. I didn't hesitate to do it as my mind quieted down, and so did my sobs and cries. I saw that piece of glass, and my body moved on its own like it did back then.

It was easy. Killing the MP, I had killed people before, had killed them after my father to survive, and did it again then. I know killing another human being shouldn't be that easy in the world of ours, but everyone does what they have to. To stay alive, to not go crazy. Though, I may kind of have already gone crazy, seeing the shit I do. 

Because of the fact that I killed my father and many others, it is so easy for me that I don't hesitate to make the kill, when I stand eye to eye with someone who looks like threat. I've learned to control that little trick of my body moving on my own. I learned to quiet my mind but make it roar with every emotion and thought at the same time.

The ODM gear I use to move around the Underground is from that same MP I killed for taking something from me. In return for him taking something he wasn't offered, I took something he didn't offer either; his life and this ODM gear.

When I first got my hands on the gear, there were three other people beside the MPs who had the ODM gear. I don't know how they got it, but they had it, and they used it easily. I was set on tracking them down and asking them to teach me, but when one day word reached me that they were taken above by the Wings of Freedom, the Scouts, I just gave up after hearing that.

I thought myself. It was tough, but I managed.

"Euphoria," I hear a raspy voice behind me. I pull my hood a bit lower down over my eyes and turn. Euphoria is the name I go by here. Euphoria, the drug dealer to give you the drugs to reach your own euphoria, the murderer, the assassin, the thief. If someone needs something dirty done, I do it for good money. Same with drugs. You want 'em? Sure, I'll get 'em, just pay me a worthy price.

"Well, isn't that my favorite client?" I purr at the man in front of me. He's a heavy man, like one sandwich away from fat. I don't do shaming of any kind, but this is just a fact.