Chapter 12: Meeting the kid

First person POV: Levi

I watch (Y/n) march out of the room, pissed and probably going to drink herself to oblivion again. Must say I was ready for her to attack Erwin again. Thankfully, she seemed to have enough self-restraint left to keep her cool and just walk out instead of attaching her Commander again.

"Respect for putting up with her every day," Mike mutters to me. Restraining the urge to roll my eyes, I tch instead.

"For the matter, she's pissy, yes, but not as aggressive as she was right now. Erwin, you should have let the subject drop for a while. All this commotion would have been avoided," I say, leaning back in my seat and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Is Shorty protecting another Shorty?" Hange near squeals.

"No, I'm just telling the facts. She's been in my squad for four years now, I know how she works and when to drop things. When she gets fueled up, drop it and let it sink in, then come back to it a few hours later," I explain. That's the only way to get around her constant pissy attitude. Or maybe she just needs to fight it out. I guess that'd be the both of us. It's damn hard to have a good fight with anyone here.

"Noted," Erwin says merely but still keeps glancing at me from the corner of his eye.

"Anything else I should know before we go talk to the little brat?" I inquire. Erwin thinks for a minute and then replies, "No, you already know everything you need to."

Nodding, I stand and head for the door, "Let's go then." I hope the brat's awake, I don't need to wait for him to wake up, like I don't have enough work already. I can already feel a shit load of report papers landing on my desk when we get back from the, I guess, prison. I don't even know what to call the place where they keep the shifter.

I step out the door as Erwin stands and follows after me out, leaving Mike and Hange behind but from the sounds I can hear Hange already ranting about their new Titan pets and what experiments to do on them. Poor Mike, if I do say so myself.

***

We're led to the cells, where this Eren kid is kept, by a MP, trying to keep his shit together but I could, from the end of the hallway, see that his ass is drunk. Rolling my eyes, I watch the MP stumble back up the stairs.

"One of the reasons I despise them," I grumble, wrinkling my nose in disgust. Erwin doesn't reply. He just takes a seat on a chair before the cell bars and stares at the kid's unconscious state there. He's a fucking creep at times. Honestly, Eyebrows, you could do anything else here and you're staring at the kid like a fucking pervert? Also the brat being unconscious means my work time is being delayed. I'd much rather enjoy some quiet a book and my tea but no, of course I'm not getting the privilege of doing that. Instead I have to fill out damn reports and sign some stupid papers what we going to later be used as a fire starter in the kitchen.

"Why do I have to be here?" I question, keeping my bored expression on, hiding the irritation just as I always do - try to. "Bet Hange would sell their soul to meet the brat," I continue.

"Indeed, they would, but it's better if Eren met the one who'd be in charge of him when he joins the regiment."

"Why isn't the whole squad here then? Why only me? They'd be looking after him as much as I would," I retort, leaning against a wall near Erwin. He doesn't look at me as I cross my arm over my chest and make myself as comfortable as possible, doing my best to ignore the fact that the wall I'm leaning against if fucking filthy.

"He'll meet everyone else later. For now, it'd be important to find out what he wants and that he meets his Captain first, so you two can feel each other out a bit more," Erwin idly replies, explaining his motives a bit.