Chapter 2

1st person's POV

Panic set in as I couldn't see the tall blue doll anywhere, so I continued deeper into the factory.

When opening the giant iron door with the now working panel, I saw a long blue arm that had a yellow glove slide into the room on the left, leaving the black door slightly ajar.

Of course, being the stupid and curious teenager I am, I entered the same door, now walking through a long and dark hallway filled with pipes on the walls.

Scared by some steam coming out of one of the pipes, I finally got to the end of the long hallway, seeing once another VHS player with the color orange, but no tape in sight.

I walked up a nearby set of stairs and saw a box with four square holes in it for four power cells. I looked forward and saw the red hand for my Grabpack.

The excitement for getting another hand got the better of me and I jumped off below to the warehouse full of toys and shelves full of boxes. I already forgot about the disappearance of Huggy Wuggy.

Finding four power cells colored red, yellow, green and blue scattered all over the shelves, I also found the orange VHS tape. I picked them up and then opened a big door that had a large orange handle on it with my Grabpack's left hand and walked over to the VHS player.

I put the tape into it and a video started playing.. well, more like an audio, because the screen only had a picture of a claw machine. The content was about a worker named Rich complaining to another worker called Avery about Huggy boxes and orphanage junk.

After listening to the tape, I went up the stairs again, skipping a few steps.

Once up on the catwalks, I looked around once more, seeing multiple conveyor belts with metal doors, but one stood out to me.

The one where there was a giant blue triangle shaped head with wide eyes and giant red lips containing several long sharp teeth, at least two sets of them.

Once I saw him, Huggy Wuggy, he pulled his head back into the darkness, the door closing behind him automatically. The smile on his face sent chills down my spine.

Now more scared than I was by his disappearance in the main area, I put the four power cells back in their place, activating a giant claw on the ceiling that started moving towards the red hand I oh so wanted to get, but seeing Huggy alive and moving dissolved that desire of mine.

Once the claw reached it, it picked the box up and bought it closer to me, dropping it on the conveyor belt leading to a metal door that had two panels, one with a red handprint and the other with a blue one.

I went down to the box containing the red hand now more carefully as to not hurt myself, I opened the box and took the hand out and placed it on my Grabpack. Once I did that, the metal door at the end of the conveyor belt opened, leading me to the next area.

Walking into another long and dark area, I shakily walked forward when the conveyor belt turned into a slide, dropping me onto a machine at the end.

Looking around, I saw a giant machine with eyes. 'Make-a-Friend' was written with large blue letters above it.

'Oooh, so this is that Make-a-Friend machine I read about on that news article!'I thought to myself, finding it creepy that the eyes of the machine kept looking at me.

Seeing a sign and a button in the middle of the room I approached it, and read it.

'Our founder, Elliot Ludwig , was a visionary. He set the stage for all of Playtime Co.'s  greatest feats. Yet of all the amazing things that he created, the Make-a-Friend Machine is one of the most creative, impressive, and advanced. It is solely responsible for nearly every Playtime Co. toy sold on the market to this day. All it needs is to be fed the proper parts, and it will then paint, assemble, and do a quality inspection of the toy all on it's own. Gone is the need for complex sorting or back-breaking labor. This machine can do all that- and more!'

'Interesting..' I looked around a bit more and I saw a giant metal door behind me with a poster on it saying 'No one leaves without a toy!', and an arrow pointing at a scanner.

Looking at one of the corners I saw a pink VHS player and some stairs next to it leading up to the catwalks. Seeing the same rods from the Power Room, I decided to head up and check them out.

Connecting the rods was actually pretty easy, so the power to the 'Make-a-Friend' machine came back faster than it went out. On my way back I noticed the pink VHS tape from the corner of my eyes, so I turned towards it and used my Grabpack to grab it quickly.

Now next to the VHS player, I put the tape in, looking at the television above it. The tape contained an interviewer asking a woman named Stella Greyber; what made her want to work at Playtime Co. The woman mostly talked about how she loved toys and human lives, what was weird though was the doll hand that was shown through the entire audio.

Dismissing the tape, I walked over to the button in the middle of the room, pressing it, and turning the giant machine on.

The levers around where I fell into the room lit up, indicating that I needed to pull them. So that's what I did, and the head, torso and legs of an uncolored CatBee fell out of them onto the conveyor belt in front of them.

The parts slowly went through every part of the 'Make-a-Friend' machine, they got colored, assembled, then scanned for errors. When the finished product reached the end I could pick it up.

Happy with my creation, I walked over to the scanner, more excited than ever to continue my journey, even though the feeling of dread kept crawling up my back.

The scanner scanned my toy, opening the metal door in front of me, revealing yet another long and dark hallway. Swallowing a lump in my throat I took a few steps forward, ready for everything coming my way.

Every ounce of confidence in me went away the moment a tall, lanky blue figure with two sets of sharp teeth appeared from the shadows, seemingly walking after me. 

Without a second thought, I turned back and started running towards the nearest place I could to escape, an open vent.

"NO, I TAKE IT BACK, I'M NOT READY!! I REGRET COMING HEREEE!!!"

----

Words: 1120