{10}

☆•Midnight Waltz•☆

Kokichi's POV•

I tightly grasped Shuichi's hand as we left to the court yard. It was a bit chilly despite us being stuck inside a glass dome. Unlike the other night It was dark out except for the small lights hidden along the paths. It was empty as everyone had most likely gone to their dorms. No one in sight, just.. us.

We found a nice areas hidden by overgrown trees and bushes. We both sat down and leaned against one of the trees. As I examined the area I noticed many weeds and flowers growing around. One of the flowers was small and yellow like the one I gave to Saihara.

"Are you okay Kokichi?"

I look over to see Saihara. "Yeah I'm fine, thank you for inviting me out!"

"Oh uh your welcome, I didn't really just want to sit in the dorms for the night so I thought this would be nice..."

"Well I'm happy! I might have died of boredom if I were forced to sit in that underwhelming room of your nishishi!"

"Haha yeah..."

"What's wrong my dearest Saihara? Your not getting sick are you?!"

"Huh! Oh no it's nothing I was just thinking about a conversation I had at dinner."

"Hm? Wassss it a bad conversation? I can't imagine it being bad as you were with Maki and Kaito.."

"No, it was a nice one..."

We sat in silence for a a bit as we studied the stars. They seemed so artificial and bright it was kind of hard to enjoy them. The sky was an array of dark blues and purples but the brightness of the stars seemed to make the purples brighter. I enjoyed my time with Saihara as he has only managed to make my days less miserable.

We both looked upon the stars and moon together enjoying the presence of the other. We laid on the grass with our arms around each other enjoying the tender touch. The only thing you could hear in the silence was our breathing. Time had passed as we just stared into the dark sky.

Soon the night time announcements went off meaning it was ten o'clock. We didn't get up though we just stayed in each others arms. It had started getting colder but we didn't really take notice. No special words were exchanged for a while, it was only silence. We ignored everything. It was us and only us. It felt like we were the only people alive.

•Shuichi's POV•

I never thought I would be spending tome with Kokichi like this. To be honest, i didn't think i would live this long. If I were to take a guess what time it was now I would think it had been a full hour. Suddenly Kokichi broke the silence.

Hey Saihara-Chan, do you know how to dance?"

"I guess but I'm not very good.."

Suddenly Kokichi pulled me up to my feet. He then grabbed my hands and placed one of them on his waist and the other in his hand and intertwined our fingers. He then did the same.

"W-wait! What are we doing?"

"Dancing of course?"

We did this for a while. Eventually i had both of my arms around his waist as we relaxed more. We stepped on each others feet several times and we just laughed it off. Eventually I tripped on a small rock on the ground and sent us tumbling. I looked over to check if kokichi was ok and he was just sitting there laughing his head off.

"I-I'm sorry! I should have watched were I put my feet!"

"Wow Shumai you really are bad at this!"

"Haha yeah I'm sorry.." I said tiredly.

Suddenly we heard noises from the bushes. Kokichi sat on the ground as I crawled towards it and pushed the leaf aside. On the ground sat Monphanie and Monotaro.

"Ahhhhhh! They found us!!" Monophanie shrieked.

Monotaro then yelled "You gave us away you dumbass!"

"Don't tell daddy please Monotaro! He'll be sooo mad!"

Kokichi and I just sat in confusion as we watched it all go down. Kokichi finally spoke up.

"Wait why would Monokuma be mad?

"Ah! Now he's asking questions!"

"Because we've ruined your moment! Now let's go Monophanie!"

Monotaro grabbed Monophanie by the ear and started dragging her away. Why would Monokuma be upset about "ruining our moment"? I looked back at Kokichi who had a very confused look on his face.

"Well Kokichi it's getting late now, probably around midnight, would you like to head back to the dorms now?"

"Yeah sure, I'm getting soooooooo tirrreeedd! I'll probably fall asleep before we get there!

"Then we better hurry up.."

I helped Kokichi up as we carefully stepped out of the trees and bushes and ran to the dorms, not to be caught. We walked up to my dorm and unlocked the door. Kokichi walked in first and as soon as I turned around to see if anyone was there Miu was right behind me.

"Ah! Miu, uh..um..hey?"

"Don't "hey" me! You two are up to something freaky aren't you! If only these walls weren't sound proof ah-"

"No it's not like that! Kokichi just had to help me because I couldn't find his hairbrush! Nothing more!"

I could feel my face heat up as Miu stared at me judging me.

"Hah-haha don't make a fool out of yourself Pooichi! I was only messin...unlessss?

"Miu please stop it!"

"Hehehe you should see the look on your or well...Cockichi's face Ha-Haha! Anyway goodnight Shuichi don't do anything nasty!" And with that she left.

I sighed and went into the room and closed the door. I looked back to see kokichi kicked back on the bed, hands behind his head and legs crossed. We talked before I decided it was late enough.

"I'm going to leave now... it's getting really late.."

"awe, okay.." He replied. "Hey... Shuichi, thank you for tonight.."

I give him a smile "No problem, any time."

On my way out the door I shut off all the lights and made sure everything was ok. Before I left, I whispered one, last thing.

"Good night Kokichi.....I love you.."

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

☆•Total word count: 1046•☆