{14}

☆•Picnic•☆

Shuichi's POV

Kokichi and I walked to the Wearhouse to see what we could find. We exchanged small talk here and there but he didn't seem to want to talk. When we got there we split up hoping to cover more ground. This gave me some time to think.

"did I do something wrong to make Kokichi upset with me..?" I thought. "we get on very good most of the time but recently he's been lashing out at me.."

Just then, I noticed a red and white printed blanket on the shelfs. I grab the blanket and basket and set off to find Kokichi. I turned through the the many rows of shelfs and boxes but I couldn't find him. I started to panic a bit, what if something happened to him?

I had no other places to look so I ran towards the exit. I flung the doors open and I saw Oma, leaning on the wall, fiddling with his hands.

"Hey! Why did you leave?" I asked, trying to catch my breath. 

"calm down would you, did I scare you?" All in a teasing tone.

"Hey, it wasn't funny, you really did scare me!"

"I guess you got me Shuichi! I'm sorry.."

" it's fine.." I let out a sigh. "I found the basket, lets return back."

Non of us said anything on the way back. I quarried about what I could of done to upset him, he doesn't just run off like that for no reason. I glanced at him, he was still messing with the torn skin on his hands, something he seemed to do in tense atmospheres.

"You..don't want the motive to end do you?" I suddenly blurted out. It seem to had caught us both by surprise. We stopped walking.

He reached his hand back to scratch his neck, he avoided eye contact and said "..what if I told you that you're right? Wouldn't you be mad or disappointed?" He tried to laugh it off.

""No I wouldn't...I'd understand, I can't imagine how hard this might be for you especially with everything else building up."

He just kind of stared at the ground and shrugged his shoulders "I'm sorry." He said again.

"You shouldn't be apologizing so much, I should.."

"what, why?"

"I feel like I did something wrong, you've just been so distant." I admitted.

"Nono! you didn't do anything, like I said earlier, I'm just stressed."

"oh, ok then."

We started walking again, laughing about the misunderstanding. We made it back to the kitchen and helped Kaito and Maki pack up. It was just in time for lunch so we went and found a nice spot to sit in, under the Wisteria flowers.

We set out the blanket over the table and began chatting away. Kokichi seemed to be in a better mood than earlier because he didn't tease anyone or build up tension, even Maki got along with him. It was a great time.

Before long everything was over, lunch was finished, we had all gone our separate ways, we met back up for dinner, and so on. Everyone seemed eager to go to bed for once.

•Kokichi's POV•

We walked down to the dorms together silently. Shuichi looked exhausted but it was clear that I probably looked just as tired.

"How about we just go to our own rooms for the night?" 

"Yeah that'll be fine, if you need anything just feel free to knock on my door at anytime...ok?" Shuichi suggested.