{12}

☆•Decisions•☆

•Kokichi's POV•

 I was eating in the dinning hall with Shuichi as we thought of what we could do. This was our last day with the motive active or at least that's what the Monocubs told us.. You could tell that everyone was ready for things to go back to normal or, as normal as it could get in this situation.

I looked down at my full-ish plate. I wouldn't say I was thrilled about everything going back to normal but I could tell Shuichi was. I didn't have as much trouble eating because I knew I wasn't really nourishing myself. From my view, it was obvious that things had changed. The uniform didn't sag on my body as much and my cheek bones were not as prominent as before. I didn't like it.

I just wanted to go back. Surely, my way of going about the issue was uncomfortable and painful but at least I didn't feel as disgusted with myself. There was no going back though, the damage had already been done. I would probably never be able to eat as much as I used to in one sitting and all the other stuff.

All the thinking I just did made me disgusted so I pushed my plate away and called it done. I glanced over at Shuichi as he was chatting with Gonta. I  got out of my chair and walked towards the door,  As I left I saw...Shuichi watch me close the door.

•Shuichi's POV•

I watched Kokichi walk out of the dinning hall, I  sat up and excused myself from the table so I could go check on him. I opened the door as I saw him leaning against a wall with his arms crossed lazily.

"Kokichi, Are you alright?" I questioned.

I seemed to have gotten his attention as he got off the wall and walked over, dragging his feet.

"Good morning dearest! Why do you ask? I'm doing just fine!"

"Well you just suddenly walked out without saying anything.."

"I'm tireddddd, I stayed up a bit late last night.."

"Well, but you look a bit pale..."

"I'm Fine dearest! It's just the lighting in here!"

"If you say so.."

It was obvious to me that he was lying again. There was something wrong but I wasn't going to force him to tell me. He could tell me when he felt comfortable.

"Welllllllllll? What are we doing today!?"

"Oh uh I haven't thought about it...sorry."

"Ugh, as always Saihara doesn't plan. Now the works all up to me!" He complained.

"How about I ask Kaito and Maki to hang out with us today?"

"Ehh....sure that sounds fine with me!"

Right then, Kaito and Maki walked out of the dinning hall, noticing us.

"Oh hey sidekick! How are you two doing? Aren't you guys excited for tomorrow?" He yelled eagerly. 

"Oh hey Kaito and Maki, we were actually just talking about you.."

"You were, why?" Maki blankly said.

"Uh..um we wanted to know if you guys wanted to hang out since we didn't know what else to do haha..sorry.."

"Of course we would! Isn't that right maki-roll!?"

"Sure whatever."

Kaito began suggesting stuff for us to do while Kokichi looked away staring at random things. He seemed like he was trying to distract himself from something. 

"Oh!! I know what we can do! Maybe we can have a little picnic out in the garden! Wouldn't that be nice?" Kaito exclaimed.

"Yeah that sounds like a good idea, right Kokichi?"

"Huh? Oh uh yeah that sounds like fun Nishishi!"

When Kaito mentioned a picnic Kokichi looked like his whole mood was ruined. Something was definitely wrong.

"Well then, it's settled! We will have a picnic at exactly noon. Maybe when everyone clears out of the kitchen and dinning hall we can all start preparing food! Maki makes some really good strawberry shortcake!"

"Yeah I guess, if I were to make it it would be done right in time, though it might be a bit warm..."

"That really does sound nice guys, uh me and Kokichi will meet you guys back here in an hour, is that fine Kokichi?"

"Yepo! Fine by me!"

Kaito and Maki waved goodbye as they entered the dinning hall once again.

Kokichi's POV

"Kokichi, is something wrong?" Shuichi approached me.

"Of course not! All my problems will be gone by tomorrow morning! You're such a worry wart Saihara-Chan.."

He placed his hands on my shoulders firmly "Kokichi...you don't have to lie."

"Well that's fine because I'm not lying! Take it easy!"

"Well you've been acting strange all morning, leaving the dinning hall during breakfast and flinching at the mention of a picnic. I'm not trying to force you to tell me but something's obviously wrong.."

"Shuichi! Look at me, I'm just fine, ok!?"

Shuichi let out a defeated sigh and shook his head.

"Ok fine, just know that you can tell me anything, alright?"

I gave him a double thumbs up. I didn't think he would notice this morning. I tried to play it off but he's just to good at figuring stuff out, He just puts everything together like its a puzzle piece.

How exactly did he catch on.? Of course he would catch on he's a detective dummy!" I thought to myself.

We decided that we would take a small break in our room and than meet back up with Maki and Kaito. We exchanged keys and I went back to my room.

I closed the door carefully not to slam it and then I slumped against it. The room looked very different to me. Everything was tucked away and clean not a speck of dirt in sight. I walked over to my garbage can and grabbed the crumpled up sticky notes. The adhesive was ruined so I threw them in a drawer in the bathroom. I shouldn't have kept them.

Instead of sitting somewhere reasonable like a chair, I sat on the floor of the bathroom, leaning against the bath tub. It was kind of like a safe space for me. One where could turn off the lights and close the door and just forget about everything happening. I  covered my face with both of my hands and sat there, thinking. This spot started to seem lonely and the discomfort stuck out.

I  heard a knock at my door. Only one person knocked instead of using the bell. I got up off the floor and wiped my face. I ran out of the bathroom and opened the door to see Shuichi, Maki, and Kaito.

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•

☆•Total word count: 1109•☆