Chapter 12

I continued to lay next to Lukas, (because that's totally not weird).

I pulled out my phone and started to play 10x10.

When I got sick of that, I went to Instagram.

I had gotten 3 new followers since last time I checked... 2 weeks ago.

I had 12 new likes on a few of the star pictures I had posted.

That's good... I guess.

I have only actually used Instagram a few times since I got it.

My text alert went off, so I went to my messages and checked them.

The new message was from Lukas.

It read: 'u r aware of the position we are in, correct?'

'I'm surprised you did... And I am aware.' I typed back.

'I'm surprised you haven't moved. Our faces are like really close.' He responded.

'Eh. I can live with it.'

'Could you live with it I moved forward and, let's say... Sealed the space between our faces?' He texted.

'I just realized that we are texting when we are literally inches away from each other and we could literally just speak to each other.' I texted.

'That's seriously what you're going to point out? You seriously need to stop making those kinds of comments.' He said.

I frowned. 'Why?'

'Because it makes me want to kiss you.' He texted.

I was caught off guard by the statement.

'That is one of the strangest things any one of my roommates has ever said over text.' I replied.

'Seriously! Stop it with those comments! You're killing me.' He said.

'Right, sorry. I definitely don't want you running around with the strange urge to kiss someone.' I replied.

'Haha.'

'Did you know that your eyes are all of the different colours? They are green, brown and blue.' I texted back. I agree it was random, but I purposely chase a comment that wouldn't make him want to kiss me. I tried to at least.

'You're just asking for it. You're killing me. Your face is inches from mine and you keep saying stuff that makes me desperate. Can you at least kiss me on the cheek or something.'

'Would you stop saying that? We are friends. We have to stay friends. I don't even like you anyway. Even if I did, imagine if we broke up and we were still roommates.' I pointed out.

'You are crushing my dreams.'

'Can we stop texting now?' I suggested.

"Yeah." He said. I was slightly startled by his real voice, but it was nice to hear him again. My thumbs were hurting from texting him.

"So..." I trailed.

"So... Am I the only one that wants some kind of a cookie-like dessert?" He asked.

"Yah, I'm totally down for that." I whispered.

He smiled. "You wanna go to Sonic?" He asked.

"Perfect." I agreed.