Chapter 15

I rested my head in Lukas' shoulder.

We have been in here for almost a hour.

I finished my milkshake a half an hour ago and I was really thirsty. I was starting to think that the police lied about coming. We had already called twice.

"You bored?" Lukas asked.

"Yeah."

"Do you have to go to the bathroom?"

"Yeah."

"Are you hungry?"

"Yeah."

"Are you thirsty?"

"Yeah." I continued to answer 'yeah' to about 5 more questions before Lukas interrupted me with a fit of laughter.

"What?" I asked.

"You obviously weren't paying attention when you said 'yeah.'" He said.

"So what?" I asked.

"So I asked you if you were paying attention and you said 'yeah.' I asked you if you were telling the truth. Then I asked you if you liked me and you said 'yeah.' I asked you if you were ugly. I also asked you if you agreed to double the favours. You agreed, so now you owe me double... Speaking of owing..." He trailed, smirking, stupidly.

"Oh no, what is it now?"

"You owe me $20 because you kissed me." He laughed.

"No I don't." I said.

"Yes you do." He declared.

"Let me rephrase that. I might owe you, but I will not repay you." I laughed.

He frowned, "You're mean."

"I know." I said.

He smiled. "Hey, do-"

The elevator lurched forward, interrupting Lukas.

"What just happened?" He asked.

"I don't really know. It's probably just the rescue team." I shrugged, not really worried.

I still had my head on Lukas shoulder, so I could feel him shaking slightly.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah. A little nervous, but yeah." He forced a smile.

I smiled back. Was he scared?

"Nothing to be nervous about. We have already been stuck in here, nothing else could happen."

"I know." He mumbled. "I just don't like being in small metal boxes that are suspended over a pit by a few creaking wires." He over-dramatic-a-sized.

"Good thing we're just in an elevator." I joked.

The lights flickered again.

Lukas looked around and stood up.

I did too, not entirely sure what was going on.

The elevator shaft squeaked and the elevator lowered a few inches.

Without warning, Lukas pulled me into a hug.

I was just about to warn him that we were on a strictly friend basis, but then I thought, friends comfort each other.

I hugged him back. Friends. Not besties, but still friends.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head on his shoulder again.

It was so funny to me how wordlessly we did stuff like this.