Chapter 26

>>last time, on To Envy the Stars<<

Lukas leaned closer and closer, his lips inching forward.

"You're talking too long!" I whispered, smashing my lips to his and kissing him for exactly 30 seconds (I am not enjoying this [ok, maybe I am, a little]) before I pulled away. Okay, that's over with. No more kissing him... But I kinda want- no! Shut up brain. But- no, shut up brain! Grr! Now I want to kiss him again.

"Athena?"

"Yeah?"

"You're a genius. This was a great plan."

"No, it wasn't." I hissed.

"Think about the college money..."

"It was a decent plan. I guess." I said. "So..."

"So..."

"Can you get off of me?"

"No. I need to tell you something." He said, firmly.

"What?"

"You know... Well... I guess I'm trying to say... Um... I don't... I... Er..." He trailed.

"What are you failing to tell me?" I asked, shifting underneath him.

"I, uh..." He sighed. "I think I may be fall-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One week earlier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the text on my phone.

'Hey, Ana. How's life been treating you??? U remember when u where drunk and u called me sweetie and made out with me??? Well I do. I think we should do it again. 😘😏 Anyway, do u want to go 2 the clearing??? We should go there to celebrate our last day before school starts! I'm going. Ur coming with me.' The message said.

'Never. U can't make me.
(Don't bring up drunk night or I'll post the picture of Lukas the red tomato)' I said, sending him a picture of what he looked like after I caught him talking to Aiden and played along with it.

He blushed when he saw the photo.

'Yeah, but I got this, baby.' He replied. A video message followed the text.

I pressed play on it and it started playing.

The room in the video was dark and I had to turn up the volume to here it. In the dark room, I could easily see who was in the room. Lukas and I.

"Lukey?" I asked in the video.

"What?" Video Lukas asked.

"Can we get married someday and have 2 kids?" The drunken video me asked. As embarrassing as this was, I wanted to know what Lukas would say.

"Yes... If you ask me again when you're sober." He answered.

"But I want you to propose to me." I pouted.

"I still can." He said. "Now I have a question for you."

"Ask away." I told him drunkly.

"Do you think that you will regret this tomorrow?" He asked.

"A large part of me will. But the other part is happy I told the truth to you. The other half will regret me telling you this much truth." Drunk me said, getting off the bed I was sitting on and walking to him.

You know, I'm not sure if this is really me or not... It doesn't sound like something I would ever say.

"I'll probably also regret what I'm about to do because I'm ignoring my rules to keep myself from falling for you, but it's too late, so screw it." Drunk 'me' said, pulling Lukas into a kiss.

To Envy the StarsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara