18

Jimin pov

I'm not looking forward to returning to the city.

I already feel ashamed of myself for trying to deceive my grandfather, but having to admit that to his face and tell him that I lied is something I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully recover from.

I didn't just lie, I paid a lot of money to fund my deception. I went out of my way to try create the perfect ruse.

All because I wasn't willing to give up my life of chasing down new omegas.

The only saving grace, is that it was because of the lie that I even met my Omega to begin with.

I look sidelong at him as we make our way through the airport.

He seems more vibrant and alive than he did when we left.

He's managed to process a lot of emotional baggage that he'd been carrying around and I think that the two of us finally opening up and committing to one another helped him do that.

I personally feel transformed. I'm not the same person I was when we left.

Not even close. Now, arm in arm with my omega, I've got to face my Grandparents and have one of the most difficult conversations of my life.

In honor of our return to the city, Grandom has insisted that we come over for lunch.

Even though I would've rather done this somewhere neutral, Jungkook encouraged me to accept the invitation.

He's more confident than I am that everything will turn out well. I personally don't know what to expect.

My grandfather is not a particularly forgiving man.He believes that actions should have consequences and he always follows through on that.

Despite that, I have known him to show mercy in some circumstances.

I've never done anything like this to him in the past so I have no idea how he's going to react.

The car my grandfather sent to meet us takes us to the house he shares with Grandom.

It's a somewhat humble dwelling in the suburbs outside the city proper.

Definitely far below where they could actually afford to live.

Grandom says he prefers it.

Their neighbors are friendly, they have barbecues and block parties a couple times a year.

It's a much more relaxed environment than what you find in the higher class neighborhoods where everyone is forever trying to outdo each other.

"Are you ready for this?" I ask my omega as we walk up the driveway toward the front door.

"There's a very good chance that I wind up disinherited with nothing but the contents of my bank account by the time we're done here."

"Good thing I don't love you for the size of your wallet then," he says with a light laugh. He stops just short of the front door and turns to face me.

"Just be honest with him. Whatever happens, happens," he kisses my cheek.

"I love you. I'll be right by your side the entire time."

I nod in understanding. I'm still more nervous than I've ever felt in my life, but at least I've got him at my side.

My heart is hammering in my chest when I finally knock on the door.

My Grandom answers it a moment later with a broad smile on his face.

"There you are!" he exclaims with excitement.