10-Waiting

Chapter 10 - Waiting

Two weeks had passed. Tenley stayed almost every night in her mother's room. I had them move us to a larger suite to make things more comfortable for everyone. My Beta was back at the pack four out of seven days a week, with me going for two agonizing days a week to oversee the pack duties while I waited on my sleeping beauty to awake. For the most part everything had gone very well except for one minor mishap that was remedied quickly. Tenley had taken my hoodie from her mother, as she had wanted it for herself since I was not there for her to be able to stay the night with us on one of my days back at the pack. Alyssa had a minor episode and Tenley now has her own "BB" hoodie, BB being what she called me.

The interrogations were...going..to say the least. Caitlin tearfully denied the entire thing. Swearing she woke up to find her best friend's husband in bed with her and having no memory of how he got there. Dalton had clammed up and refused to talk. I was ready to resort to torture, but had to wait on approval from the official Alpha Council. They were set to arrive tomorrow and I couldn't wait.

A knock at the door stirred me from my thoughts, "Come in Dr. Grace."

"Alpha, I am here for today's report." I nodded for her to continue, "Luna Alyssa should be waking any day now." I leaned forward in my chair, holding my breath, "Her labs look incredible and with only the one other set back, she is almost completely healed."

I sat back in my chair trying to sort through the emotions in my head. "How much longer?"

"It may be as early as today or a week from now, but my best guess is within the next 4-5 days."

Sighing heavily, trying to wrap my head around the new challenges this would bring, but also the excitement of seeing her beautiful eyes was almost too much to handle. I reached out and grabbed her hand, imagining what it would feel like to have her grip my hand back.

"The nurse will be in soon to change her bed linens and hang a new IV bag. Can we get you anything, Alpha? Breakfast? Coffee?"

Blinking back to my reality from my daydream, "both please and thank you."

"Yes, Alpha" she said as she exited the room.

-------------------------

The rest of the day passed uneventfully. It was very late. I had found it impossible to go to bed at a decent time. Anxious I'd miss her waking up. Dinner had come and gone and I was taking advantage of this down time being next to my mate. The council was set to arrive tomorrow and much of my time would be spent interrogating Dalton. I was positive the council would side with me and allow us to move forward to more 'persuasive' tactics of getting the information we needed. Tenley would be staying the remainder of the week with her grandparents. We felt it best to shield her from possibly overhearing any conversations about her father's potential fate.

I lazily returned to holding my mate's hand again. I loved feeling the bond dance over my skin every time I touched her, I wondered if she could feel it too... Letting myself be overcome with the daydream of her gripping my hand back once again.

'Her wolf is awake!' My wolf jumped around in my mind.

'What are you talking about?,' I responded confused.

I feel her wolf!!

Then I felt it. The squeeze. Was this real or was I dreaming?

I quickly scooted toward the bed, doing my best not to make too much noise, but I was in shock.

"Alyssa." Her name tumbled from my mouth, hoping I was not making all of this up.

'You're not making anything up. Her wolf called out to me.'