Thirty Two

Siddharth called his sister Priya while on his way to work. Something was bugging about the whole situation. Priya had practically dragged him to the library where he had seen Sakshi with him. Something didn't add up in his mind.

"Hey, Priya. How are you?"

"I'm fine Bhai. How are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm okay. I just wanted to know if you knew she was with Ashwin in that room?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, strangely, you took me to the library...it just seemed so..?"

"Pre-planned?!" She screeched. "Are you serious? You're blaming me for you catching your wife cheating on you?"

"She wasn't cheating for God's sake. It was just a kiss."

Priya scoffed on the other end, "Bhai she has you wrapped around her little finger so well! You're making excuses for her! God, do you not see how messed up that is?"

"Don't talk about her like that." He sighed. "Whatever happened is between me and her. She has been civil to you always so try to be civil to her in return."

"Mumma told me she must've cast some magic spell on you and at that time it seemed like bull but I'm coming to believe that maybe she is indeed a witch for you to call and pick a fight with me."

"Priya. That's enough. I didn't call to pick a fight with you. I just found it strange that you wanted to talk I'm the library. That's all."

"What's strange is you forgetting that maybe if we hadn't interrupted them then things would've gone further between them and who knows how far they'd have taken it considering that they dared to do it in the house we all were present in."

"I have already told you that this matter is between Sakshi and me and I would like it if you let me solve it."

"Whatever Bhai. If you want to be naive then so be it. We're moving out of the mansion. Apparently, your dear wife doesn't want us here anymore. She sent her secretary to throw us out of the house."

Siddharth parked his car on the side of the road. "What?"

"Oh suppose you'll defend this too."

"I will talk to her." He reassured Priya.

"It doesn't matter, Bhai. We're anyway moving out. Papa and mummy think you both would divorce soon so it's best if we do move out of her house."

***

When Siddharth came back home, he found that the kitchen was a huge mess. Utensils were overflowing in the sink and the stove was caked with something burnt. Annoyed at the mess, he knocked on her door. She opened it with the gleeful toddler on her waist.

"The kitchen is-"

"It's messy. I know. I'll clean up after I put him to sleep. I promise."

***

She said nothing else nor did she wait for his response. Sakshi shut the door and raised Krishna and kissed his cheeks. He gave out a giggle of laughter. She knew he was annoyed. She was just tired and she didn't want to fight with him anymore.

They were divorcing anyway so what was the use of fighting for a doomed marriage? She sighed and laid the baby gently inside his portable crib.

She smiled at him. "Good night. It's time for bed!" She said. Aghanya has messaged her that she has packed his night light and his white noise machine and he wouldn't sleep without those. Once she turned all those on. She sat by the crib and read him a bedtime story. By the time she was finished, Krishna was asleep. She checked up on him and walked out of the room.