~・*☁️𝑊𝑒 𝑊𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝐴𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡☁️ *・~

Y/N, are you feeling alright? You haven't left the bed all morning" Kurapika asked, giving her a concerned look

Y/N poked her head out of the covers before saying, "I'm fine, don't worry love"

As the day continued to pass by, Y/Ns condition got worse. She continuously coughed and sneezed, officially making Kurapika worried. Although Y/N tried to reasure him, he was not backing down.

"Y/N, please let me take your temperature" Kurapika pleaded

"Fine, but I'm not sick. I'm fine-" She was interrupted by another one of her sneezes

Kurapika stook the thermometer into Y/Ns mouth and under her tongue, both waited patiently for the answer. Kurapikas eyes trailed off while waiting, scanning the familiar room that was their bedroom. While Y/Ns eyes were glued to the thermometer, her patients being tested. Just then they heard a beeping noise, with that he gently but swiftly pulled it out of her mouth and brought it closer to his eyes to check the answer.

She was sick, with a temperature of 102.5. He sighed, expecting this outcome; he rushed out of the room making Y/N ponder. Not for long as he soon came in with a glass of water and something else, handing it to the woman in their bed.

"Here you go love, please drink up." he paused for a moment before continuing

"I will come in with your favorite soup when it is ready, but for now please take the medicine." he said, rubbing Y/Ns delicate hand

Y/N stared at the medicine she was given in discust, dreading the thought of the taste. No matter how much she didn't want to take to medicine, there was no changing his mind. So, quickly she swallowed the medicine, her nose scrunching up before chugging the water.

"I know it doesn't taste the best, but it is helpful." he spoke, patting her head

Then, he turned around and headed out the door and into the kitchen. He began to grab the needed ingredients so he could begin making the soup for his significant other. As she waited, her eyelids started to become heavier. She played on her side, resting while staring at the wall. Before she knew it, she had fallen asleep.

The woman had woken up later on to an familiar and pleasant aroma coming from the kitchen. The smell tickled her nose and brought her back from dreamland. She had now realized that he was just about done her food.

As she expected, she heard footsteps approaching the door, the frame of the door soon being filled by the silluette of Y/Ns lover. Their eyes met, Y/N being greeted by the smile she adored so much. They maintained eye contact as he walked closer to her, soon reaching the bed.

"Here is your soup darling" he spoke, laying the plate in front of her

"thank you, really" Y/N said

Kurapika took the pillow that supported Y/N and sat her up so she wouldn't choke. He repositioned the pillow higher, then sat her back down. Y/N gave him an appreciative smile then looked back down at her favorite soup.

She blew on the spoon, once the steam that was once on it was gone she put it in her mouth. The woman hummed, savoring all the nice flavors of the food she had been waiting for. Kurapika rubbed her back as she continued to eat all of the food.

"Mmh, it is so good" she said, relaxing more in the bed

Her comment made Kurapika chuckle, as he knew that even though he wasn't the best cook she always enjoyed his food. He couldn't tell if she was just being sweet to him or she genuinely liked it, but it made him smile everytime. As his mind wandered, Y/N continued to eat the soup in no time, the reason she stopped was to sneeze. She quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped her nose, then proceeded to eat the last of the soup that was in the bowl.

"Done" she said, sniffling her nose

"Already? You must have been really hungry" he laughed, taking the bowl from her hands

When he took the bowl, he turned around and headed for the door and soon walked out of the room. He had left Y/N all by herself again. Y/N slumped down into the depths of the bed; sitting up to move the pillow. She then layed down again, staring at the moving fan on their ceiling in boredom.

She waited patiently for Kurapika to come back, but the longer he took the more tired she got. Her eyelids grew heavier by the second.

"Honey, I'm back" he said, approaching the side of the bed

He got into bed next to Y/N making her stare at him in confusion.

"Love, you will get sick if you are in the bed with me" Y/N responded to his actions

"It's fine if I get sick, I could use a break from Neon anyway" he said, pulling me in closer and giggling

Kurapikas giggling was contagious and right then and there she giggled too. His arm wrapped around Y/Ns waist and he pulled her closer, as close was their bodies would let them be. He stretched out his arm, firmly gripping the TV remote that layed on the nightstand. The remote was soon put to use as he turned on the TV for the two.

His thumb went all over the remote as he was scanning for shows to watch on the TV. Once they had finally found a show they snuggled in, Y/N resting her head on Kurapikas shoulder.

"Could you please hand me a tissue?" Y/N asked the man, to tired to move

"Of course, my love" he said

He extended his arm once again to the nightstand, pulling two tissues from the box. He gave her the tissues she had asked for, then they continued to watch the show.

"Thank you" she spoke

"No need to thank me, get some sleep you seem tired" he whispered back, giving a small peck to her on the lips

As they both stared at the wall, its color being consumed in the darkness from the window. The darkness bled onto their eyes as they were now both consumed by sleep.