~・*🍋𝐿𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐷𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝑝𝑡1 🍋*・~

It was a chill afternoon, the two chatted in bed, soaking in the rays of sunlight that a new day had come to bring. As they talked, Y/N had a thought. She stood up, leaving the warm embrace of the covers shared with Kurapika.

"I am just going to check the mail love, it is usually here around this time." Y/N said, glancing at the clock

"Ok, be quick, I miss you already.." He replied pouting, making a joke

Y/N giggled before leaving his sight, heading towards the mailbox outside. She slipped on her slippers that waited for her by the door, her hand soon met the door knob, twisting it. Once she had stepped foot outside, the heat of the day warmed up her skin. The woman walked off the path, going closer to the mailbox before taking out it's content. She shut the mailbox and then made her way inside their house.

Her hand met the door, putting some force to make it shut. Kurapika walked out of the bedroom and met Y/N by the door.

"What did we get?" He asked her, eyeing the mail in her hand

"Oh just the usual." Y/N said back, going through the mail

Though, as she looked through the mail, something caught her eye. It was a black envelope covered in white specked that appeared to be stars, the envelope had purple cursive writing in the middle. Kurapika noticed her pause and looked at the piece of paper from over her shoulder.

The cursive in the front read "Masquerade Ball", leading many related thoughts popping in Y/Ns head. Y/N flipped the envelope over, cleanly tearing an entrance so she could get out what was waiting for them inside. What she pulled out was a piece of paper that had a message written on it.

Hello, you have been invited to a masquerade
party. A mask is required during the event to hide
your face.

The location is **** at *** **** and it begins at
8:00pm tonight. If you wish to attend
please bring this invitation
to notify the security and staff you were
invited.

Now, get dressed and have a
spectacular time!

As they finished reading the note, they turned to face one another with blank expressions.

"Do you wanna go?" he asked Y/N

"Do you?" Y/N asked back

"I mean, i'm fine with going tonight." he answered

Alright that settles it then, we're going..!" Y/N squealed

Kurapika glanced at the clock again, then turned to face her.

"Well, it is 5:00pm so we should start to get ready soon." he said to her, Y/N glancing at the clock

"You're right." she said after seeing the time for herself

"I have to go out to buy my dress, so I will be back soon." she said to Kurapika, turning to face the door

She grabbed her keys and purse she had left on the counter yesterday and then unlocked the car.

Before leaving she spoke, "I should be home in about a half-an-hour."

He nodded his head in response as she smiled and shut the door. Kurapika went back to the bedroom and rummaged through the closet in search for the perfect outfit for tonight at the masquerade ball.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/Ns POV

As I was applying on some makeup in the bathroom, I heard a knock on the door which made me pause.

"Darling, are you almost ready?" he asked, his voice sounding muffled

"Just about." I said, while at the same time applying mascara to my eyelashes

"Ok, I will be waiting..!" he said through the door as he began to walk away

I had finished my makeup and pulled my hair some of my hair into a braid that laid on the rest of my hair. I slipped the dress over my head, the leaf like pattern slipping over my breasts. The dress perfectly making out the curves of my figure. I stared at myself in astonishment; I twisted my back slightly to see the back of the dress. The dress was a beautiful and alluring shade of scarlet, fake red leaves decorated the bottom of the dress as well as the outlining of my breasts. A lace pattern of vines was in certain spots of the dress while other places were only covered by the color.

I put the mask over my porcelain face, even though it hid my eyes I could still see very clearly. My lips parted, letting in air to come in an out before closing my lips together. I unlocked the door and then opened it. I expected to see Kurapika waiting for me, though I didn't. The moon light attracted my attention, soon I found myself gazing at it longingly. As my gaze shifted downwards, I saw Kurapika waiting by the car. He was wearing a handsome tuxedo with a red time to compliment his earrings. He wore a mask that contained the colors or red and black, matching perfectly with his outfit. I walked out the door and met him at the car.

As his eyes scanned my figure he spoke " ready to go?"

"more than anything" I replied with a smile, taking his hand in mine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The couple arrived at the mansion, music filling their ears from the inside. As they approached the building two security guards towered the entrance.

"Invitation please" they both said in sync

Kurapika took out the folded invitation from out of his pocket and handed it to one of the guards. After he examined the card they unhooked a red rope to let them enter. Kurapika nodded his head to the guards to show thanks and then they walked inside, their arms locked with one another's.

A giant ballroom is what they were greeted with, beautiful angels were painted on the dome shaped ceiling. As their eyes trailed down they both saw a flight of stairs colored red, the stairs let to where everyone else was at. Their eyes locked, a smile making its way onto Y/Ns face. They looked back down at the stairs and began to walk down, arms still intwined.

Let the party begin