Chapter 4

Ok, I'm speechless. Not only that.. I CAN'T BREATH!

Duke Alfaret hugging me too tight! I patted the back of the man who is now my father. "Ple- ase! Let go! Tight!"

He was startled and let go of his hand. "Sorry, I was so worried, I didn't realize I was hugging you too tightly. Are you still sick? How's your head?"

I'm confused, is this really Duke Alfaret? No way.. he must be an imposter!

I glanced at Deira and Helios, they saw this incident as if it was normal.

Maybe this is his real personality..

Hey, developer of this game! So you lied to us, players, all this time?!

I looked at Duke Alfaret who looked shocked. Shock? Ah, maybe I saw it wrong, maybe it wasn't an expression of shock.

Oh yeah, I forgot to answer. "I'm fine, father. Just a little dizzy." I gave a faint smile.

Duke Alfaret widened his eyes, then some tears starting to fall. Yes, you read it correctly. HE WAS TEARING!

I was confused and panicked! Tissue! Give him a tissue!

I turned my gaze towards Helios- or I thought so before seeing the spot where Helios was standing was empty. Likewise with Deira.

Come on! I've just risen from the dead and it hasn't been a day yet you guys have already exhausted me mentally!

Duke Alfaret's voice knocked me out of my world. "Guards! Call all the doctors, priests, and magicians in this duchy! Right this instant! Announce that whoever can restore my daughter's memory I will give ten thousand gold coins and whatever they want!"

I gaped. Wait a moment! "Uhm.. father? My memory is fine, no need to call someone." I gave an awkward smile.

My memories still perfect, but if he asked me about Lavenia's memory then I'll answer with no.

He looked at me with a sad look. "Lavenia, don't worry, don't be afraid, I'm just trying to get your memory back. You must be scared and confused right? I promise you, you'll get better."

...

Ok.. What on earth did this old man spouting?

"But I'm fine, really." I try to give my best smile.

He looked at me doubtfully.

Duke, I'm really fine! But if you ask about Lavenia, then the answer will be different again. Alright, if you want it then I'll play along.

"I'm just a little dizzy, I'm not lying! Maybe I was just a little shocked so my memory is blurry, but after a little rest I'm sure my memory will come back." I gave him a reassuring smile, trying to convince this father who becomes a worrywart because of his beloved daughter conditions.

He was silent for a moment, then sighed. "Okay, I won't force you. But tell me if you feel sick or something, ok?" I nodded my head quickly.

Duke Alfaret stroked my head with a small smile. "Then I'll let you rest." I nodded again and replied with a big smile. He turned around and left me alone to rest.

Sigh.. Ok, as far as I know now I'm 16 years old. Yesterday was supposed to be the day this game started.

If I'm not mistaken, Edelyn, the heroine, should have appeared with her mother on Lavenia's debutante day.

Her mother confesses that Edelyn is Duke Alfaret's illegitimate daughter, taking everyone by surprise, and ruining Lavenia's debut day.

It is because of this incident that Lavenia hates Edelyn. It didn't stop there, Edelyn and her mother were accepted into this mansion, and stole the attention of Duke Alfaret and the residents of this mansion.

Lavenia was annoyed and started bullying the heroin ever since then.

According to the story in the game, Lavenia shouldn't have met the crown prince yesterday because the crown prince was sent out of town to investigate a case.

Sigh.. What happened to the heroine? I assume she's not here because I don't hear any fuss. More importantly, I've met the big deal which is the crown prince yesterday, one of the capture target.

Oh right! I remember now. In this game there are 5 capture targets and 2 people who can only become targets if you do a special hidden mission.

The first capture target is Damarius Alfaret, Duke Alfaret's first child. He's an alchemist and the strongest magician in the empire. Funfact, at the end of his route it is explained that he is an adopted child in the Alfaret family.

The second capture target is Vasilius Alfaret, yep, Duke Alfaret's second son. Lavenia and he are twins. Funfact, he is the youngest among the targets, and the heir of Alfaret and his route are the most pitiful.

The third is Julianus.. I forgot his full name- don't look at me like that ok! His name too long and weird to remember! All I remember is that he is the crown prince.

Fourth... Almond? Diamond? I forgot- he's the youngest doctor in this duchy. He healed half the kingdom's population during a pandemic at the age of 13. And he was given the title of the most genius doctor in the whole kingdom

Fifth, Arka- yeah, I forgot too. He is the most powerful white knight. You could say he's the mainstay of this kingdom. He was actually appointed as a priest but he preferred swordsmanship, that's why he became a white knight. Funfact, he's the doctor's best friend.

The first hidden target is Alastor Rodheus with the pseudonym Dryas, he is a demon prince disguised as a human and working as a chef in a corner of the duchy. I remember his name because I like this character.

You ask what did I like from him? Nothing, but I like food! He loves to cook, as you can see from his work. And in the game it is stated that the taste of his cake cannot be matched by any other baker's!

The second is Alvanio (using the pseudonym Algebrio) he is the leader of the information guild.

I just realized, this game developer likes names that start with Al.

Anyways, Alvanio(Algebrio) is very smart and cunning. I remember him because the developer said they got the pseudonym idea from algebra, and made Alvanio like Algebra, and that's how Alvanio decided to use Algebrio for his alias. Funny isn't it? No? ok..

Sigh.. I almost ran into numbers 4 and 5. If possible I wanted to live without fear of my head got cut off. But it's impossible, because in most cases like this they never die at the hands of the target... Right? Please say it's true!

Sigh.. I don't know how many sighs this is...

I lay my body on the bed.

Whatever, I'm too tired.. I closed my eyes and decided to enter the dream world.