Chapter 12

Sigh.. looks like this is going to be complicated. Why didn't I pass out at a time like this...?

I saw 4 people in front of me. The 3 of them fell silent, while one stood up and spoke up.

"What are you guys doing? Quickly, bring her to my place." said the doctor, snapping 3 people who are in shock.

Damarius snapped his fingers and suddenly I felt my body float, making me feel a little dizzy.

Ugh.. Really, I'm still not used to this, even though I've experienced it 2 times.

In a matter of second I was on a bed that was in a room that looked like someone's room.

"Alfaret.. When I say to my place, it doesn't mean my room." the doctor sighed

Damarius was silent for a moment. "Sorry, I panicked."

The doctor sighed and went outside, probably getting his medical kit.

"Hey, why was I taken too?" Alastor stood beside the redhead with an awkward smile that I'm sure he's faking it.

I looked at Damarius. Good question, why did you bring him? If the redhead is normal, because he's the doctor's friend. But Alastor?

Damarius glared at him, then raised his hand. Suddenly Alastor was pushed hard against the wall making a loud sound, making me widened my eyes.

Alastor groaning in pain. "What are you doing?"

Damarius walked over to him, then grabbed the collar of the shirt Alastor was wearing. "The question is, what did you give my sister."

Damarius tightened his grip, while Alastor responded by strangling Damarius by the neck. "I didn't do anything, just served my handmade cake which I can guarantee that there are only safe ingredients to eat."

The two of them stared at each other intensely.

I stayed silent, not wanting to make things worse.

"Both of you, stop it. Let Reymond prove the truth." the redhead held their hand and pulled them by force.

Sigh.. Really tiring, I just want Alastor's cake... Please speed up the time..

The doctor, whose name I just found out was Reymond, came with his medical devices.

He checked and asked me a few questions, while one weird tool scanned my body.

I won't ask, because on the Reymond's route explained that he created a device that could detect any disease.

After the check up was over, he put down his tools, and checked his tool.

After seeing what was written on the machine, he fell silent, thinking about something.

Damarius was the first to speak. "What happened to her?"

There was a pause before he answered. "I don't know."

Damarius frowned and he turned Reymond's body to face him. "What do you mean? Aren't you the most genius and the youngest doctor? You should've know it!" Damarius raised his voice.

The redhead stood between Damarius and Reymond, facing Damarius. "Enough, he says he doesn't know. It's not wrong if someone doesn't know something, even if he's genius."

Reymond gently pushed the redhead aside. "Sigh.. I'm not sure, but there's no data to match this case. It's certain that she wasn't poisoned, because no signs of poisoning were shown."

"I told you, I didn't do anything." Alastor put on his fake smile again. Damarius glared at him.

Reymond patted the redhead on the shoulder. "Arka, can you try?"

The redhead looked at Reymond with a furrowed brow.

Before he could answer, Reymond continued his words. "Arkanio, this is not the time to be childish. Sigh.. Alright, let's just say I ask for your help as a doctor who doesn't want his patients to be in trouble."

Damarius bow slightly, making me widen my eyes. "Just this once, please."

The redhead- I mean, Arkanio, looked at me suddenly, making me flinch. "...Well, maybe I can make an exception just this once."

He walked over to me, then sighed right after his footsteps stopped. He stretched out his hand. "Give me your hand."

I give him my hand and he puts mine on top of his palm, flanked by the other.

White light emerged from his hand, and I felt my body lighten up.

A few seconds later, he withdrew his hand roughly, and the white light disappeared.

Reymond looked at Arkanio. "What's up?"

Arkanio looked at me with a look I couldn't decipher. "It's.. rejected.."

They all widened their eyes, except for me and Alastor.

I think I know why. Blessing from their goddess, the goddess Sera, usually treats strange ailments.

But they witnessed Lavenia's body resisted the magic. One of the settings for the villainess I guess. Though, it's not the body that was the problem.

Anyways, I've already know the cure. And I'm waiting for it to appear. Although I can't guarantee that it will appear.

I lowered my head and yawned until my eyes watered. Looks like this will never end. I am really bored!

I lifted my head, I decided to open my voice. "Darius, can we go home?"

Damarius looked at me silently, then smiled a little. "Okay, let's go home."

I looked at the silent Alastor. "Uhm.. What about Dryas?" Dryas looked at me then smiled without saying anything.

Damarius sighed. "I'll send him back. We're going home."

I looked at Reymond and Arkanio with a bright smile. "Thanks for everything, sorry to bother."

Reymond was about to speak, but Damarius snapped his fingers, teleporting us before I could hear his words.

Now I'm on my bed, while Damarius stared at me.

"Rest." I pouted a little. "But it's still noon.. And I'm hungry too."

He stroked my hair which surprised me. I looked at his black moissanite irises.

"I'll call the maid to bring you lunch." He smiled gently before disappearing.

Oh my...

He just stroked my hair and smiled gently at me.. right?

Isn't this a good sign?

Looks like I'll be safe if the heroine chooses his route.

Well, one less threat to the villainess- I mean- me.