Chapter 5: New House

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

The family was now in a limo heading to their new home. (Y/n) was there too, because she wanted to see their new house. She was sitting next to Vince, and he had his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"Mr. Deavor, it's wonderful...but it's too generous." Helen insisted on the phone.

...

"Nonsense! That's the least we could do. We're partners now! Can't have my partners living in a motel." Winston said, as he sat at his desk.

...

"But whose house? Is it a house?"

"It's my house. I have several. I'm not using that one. Stay as long as you need."

Dash rolled down the window and they saw a beautiful looking house through the trees.

"I don't know what to say."

"How about 'thanks'?" Bob suggested.

...

They opened the front doors and walked in.

"This is our new house?!" Dash yelled.

"Okay, easy Tiger. It's being loaned to us."

Vince let out a groan. "This is homey."

They entered the living room which had rock walls, red sofas and chairs, and massive floor to ceiling windows with a beautiful view.

"Look at this place. Deavor bought it from an eccentric billionaire who liked to come and go without being seen, so the house had multiple hidden exits." Bob explained.

"Good thing we won't stand out. Wouldn't want to attract any unnecessary attention." Vince said sarcastically. (Y/n) playfully nudged him.

Dash zoomed around to the outside. "It's got a big yard!" He screamed before speeding away again.

"Isn't this a bit much?" Helen asked.

"Near a forest!" Dash yelled from another window.

"Would you rather be at the motel?" Bob asked.

"And a pool!" Dash exclaimed, as a splash was heard.

"What exactly is Mom's new job?" Vince asked.

"The important thing is, we're out of the motel." Bob said, changing the subject.

Dash ran back into the room soaking wet. "I like mom's new job!" He shook himself like a dog and grabbed a remote.

"Oh, ho, ho!" Dash pressed a button and a section of the floor opened up around a seating area revealing a tiny river.

"Woah!" Dash pressed another button and waterfalls came dripping from the ceiling and into the rivers.

"Well check out the water features." Bob commented.

One water fall split down the middle and a path appeared over the river, and Bob and Helen walked across it.

"Wicked cool!" Dash pressed another button, which activated the fire pit, and another that raised up a television.

Then he pressed a button that opened up another section of water, right underneath the couch.

"Wait, no, Dash, stop it!" Bob yelled.

Dash pressed more buttons trying to fix it, but he ended up sinking more furniture.

"Not the couch! Stop it! No! Dash!"

"Stop!"

"Dash!"

"No!"

Dash pressed more buttons and the floor closed, crushing the couch. Dash nervously put the remote back and ran away.

...

Bob and Helen were in their new room and Helen was trying on her new Supersuit.

"Oh no. Oh boy. This isn't me."

Helen emerged from the bathroom wearing a suit that was similar to her old one, except the red parts were now black.

"I'm not all dark and angsty. I'm Elastigirl. I'm, you know, flexible."

"E designed this?" Bob asked with an uncertain look on his face.

"No, some guy named Alexander Galbaki." Helen rolled her eyes.

"Glad it's you and not me, cause you're gonna hear from her." Bob chuckled. "This note came with it."

Helen looked down at the card.

Elastigirl,

There's an accessory on the garage.

-Evelyn

...

Helen opened the garage to reveal a red motorcycle, and she gasped.

"A new Elasticycle." She breathed.

"Elasticycle? I didn't know you had a bike." Bob said.

"Hey, I had a Mohawk. There's a lot about me you don't know." She replied smugly.

"Yeah, but...a Mohawk?"

"Ah, you didn't miss anything." Helen turned on the bike and looked at the little screen it had. "Oh, yeah! This one's electric."

"What's that mean?" Bob asked.

Helen hit the throttle and she began jerking around the garage and hit the wall.

"Means it's torque-y. I'll get the hang of it."

"You will be great."

"I will be great. And you will too."

"We will both be great." Bob concluded, opening the garage.

"Bye sweetie. Oh, and I want details about Vince and (Y/n)' s date! Lots of details!" Helen told him as she sped out of the garage.

...

Later in the morning, the kids were all sitting at the counter for breakfast. Dash sat up in his seat and reached for the Sugar Bombs cereal.

However, Bob snatched them from him, and poured Fiber O's into his bowl instead.

"No Sugar Bombs on my watch."

Dash groaned and poured the milk in. "Where's mom?" He asked.

"She's up and out. She's at her new job doing hero work." Bob told him.

"But I thought superheroes were still illegal." Vince pointed out.

"They are. For now." Bob responded.

"So mom is getting paid to break the law?" Vince asked.

"She's not break...she's an advocate for superheroes. It's a new job." Bob defended.

"So, mom is going out illegally, to explain why she shouldn't be illegal." Vince clarified.

Hey...Heeeeeyyyy! The bus is here!" Bob exclaimed, changing the subject. "Woah! Grab your stuff quickly! Go on get on the..."

Dash ran off before Bob could give him his homework. He ran and caught up with him and grabbed his backpack.

"Put your homework in your pack!" Bob shoved the books in his backpack and watched them run off. "Bye-Bye!"

Bob exhaled loudly and went back inside and picked up Jack-Jack.

"We're gonna get along just fine. Cause don't ask any hard questions."

Suddenly, Jack-Jack's stomach made a weird noise and his diaper inflated a bit. Bob groaned while Jack-Jack squealed with laughter.

——————————🦸🏼‍♂️——————————