Chapter 10: Catching Screenslaver

—————————— 🦸🏼‍♂️——————————

Dicker was packing up his office when his phone rang.

"Dicker."

...

"Yeah, hey Rick. You remember that kid I mentioned to you? Tony Rydinger?" Bob asked.

...

"Mind wipe? Yeah, nice kid."

...

"Well, you also wiped out my son, and the fact that he's dating (Y/n). Now Vince is worried that Tony might go after her." Bob snapped.

...

"Oops." He shrugged. "Not an exact science Bob."

...

"Rick you gotta help me here. Vince hates me, and you, and superheroes. I gotta fix this. What do you know about Tony?"

...

Rick opened up a file. "Um...not much. Seems like a good kid. Popular, plays sports, music. Parents own the Happy Platter. Kid works there part time."

...

"Happy Platter?"

...

Bob and the kids entered the Happy Platter restaurant. Bob hoped that he could talk to Tony and tell him how great Vince was, and make him see that Vince was worthy enough to date (Y/n).

"Why did we drive all the way across town for The Happy Platter?" Vince asked in annoyance.

"We'd like a booth over there, near the philodendron." Bob told a bored looking waitress.

"Good right? Near the philodendron." He asked Vince.

The family sat down in the booth. And Vince looked around with a bored look.

"This platter doesn't look all that happy to me. It looks bored."

"Ha, The Bored Platter." Dash laughed.

"I thought Vi would want a change of pace from drive in food." Bob said.

"I like drive-in food." Vince told him.

A waiter came over and placed cups of ice on their table.

"Does this mean vegetables?" Dash asked with disgust.

"A balanced diet means vegetables kiddo. Get used to it."

A waitress came up next to Tony and poured water in their cups. Vince picked up his cup and drank from it.

"Good evening Parr family." The waitress greeted.

Vince looked up and saw (Y/n) and Tony standing there. He was so shocked that he spit his water out through his nose.

Vince tried to hide his face as he coughed while Tony asked if he was okay, Bob used his napkin to dab the table.

"(Y/n), I didn't know you worked here." Bob commented.

"I just started today. Tony was nice enough to help me get this job, and to train me." (Y/n) explained.

"Oh, well good for you."

"(Y/n), you know these people." Tony asked.

"Yeah. This is the Parr family that I'm always telling you about."

"Normally my son doesn't ever drip like this. He's usually a perfect gentleman." Bob assured Tony and (Y/n).

"Would you like water sir?" Tony asked.