Chapter 14

"I know my heart will never be the same, but I'm telling myself I'll be okay.” ― Sara Evans

Faith's POV

Cold

Cold as the winter in Alaska

That's all I felt in this dark and suspicious room. There was barely anything in this room. Not even a single window where the sunlight hit my face.

The coldness pierced through my skin like an ice shard or a rose thorn.

I felt weak, I could barely stand up. Every inch of my body hurts whenever I moved.

I sat up despite it hurts when moving around. I felt something heavy in my abdomen. It felt like carrying a watermelon.

A light cracked open and in come Andrew and an unknown man. When I looked closer to the unknown, he was the one who tried to rape me when I was in Madrid.

"Looks like you're awake." Andrew said. "Perfect timing." He said.

"Why?" I asked desperately. "Why did you put me here? What did I ever do to you?" I asked him and he glared.

"I've been faithful to you since day one Andrew. I never thought about hurting you because I love you. You also said that you love me to. What happened to that?" I and he clenched his fist.

"We made a promise to each other that we wouldn't hurt each other and to always be together." I said.

"I kept that promise from the bottom of my heart because I care for you and our relationship." I said. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and start a family with you. Why did you think I said yes? If I fall out of love for you, then I would talk with you and not cheat on you" I added and his face held anger.

Hot tears started to smear and smudge down my cheeks.

"How could you do accuse me of such thing? Please believe me when I said I lo-" I pleaded but was cut off.

"SHUT UP! JUST FUCKING CLOSE YOUR MOUTH YOU FUCKING WHORE!" He screamed till the whole room echoed for a good second. The scream made me flinched.

"You have the nerve to ask me those question, when I have to be the one asking you those question." He stated.

"I did everything for you. I got you hired for my company. I'm the one who helped your brother get that scholarship to that dream university of his. I helped you when you were sick. I gave you all those gifts." He scolded.

He stayed silent before looking at me with hatred in his eyes and I don't know what it is but I saw a little sadness in them.

"I even gave all my heart, love and trust to you." He muttered.

"But you broke it. What more could I do for you?" He demanded angrily

"Nothing Andrew. Nothing at all. You gave me enough. Enough to fill my heart and life with happiness. Please believe me." I pleaded.

"Lies. All lies. You expect me to believe that mouth of yours." He spat. "Even the baby you're carrying probably isn't mine." He said.

I looked at him confused on what he said and I looked down. I found the source on why my stomach felt heavy. My belly was big and round as if I was pregnant.

He turned to the man. "Do what you want." He said. The thought of the man doing bad things to me made shivers down my spine.

My baby. I shielded my stomach with my arms when he started walking towards me. He took out a knife from his pocket and fear consumed me.