Dopplegänger

*~Scene opens at Midwilshire station as Lucy and Tim leave roll call to head out to the parking lot to wait for Tamara. Angela calls to Lucy from the bull pen.~*

Angela:  Luce..wait up.. (Tim stutters to a stop as Lucy pivots to Angela and tilts her head questionably). I wanted to return this right away.  (Angela tosses Lucy's moon ring and Lucy catches it and slides it on her finger sighing contently she feels the familiar weight on her finger. )

(Tim gives Lucy a side glance and his signature frown surprised she took it off.)

Lucy:  Thanks Angela...umm for getting it back to me right away. (Clears throat awkwardly and glances at Tim; somewhat alarmed to see him glaring at her) Yeah..um.. we have to go meet Tamara in the parking lot..can I catch up with you later, Ang?

(Angela is looking back and forth between two of her best friends with her all knowing smirk)

Ang:  Mm-hmm of course, I am sure you are anxious to get to work. 

(Lucy and Tim head out the glass door and wait on the side walk.  Silence ensues for several minutes while Tim looks expectantly at Lucy.  Arms crossed over his chest.)

Tim: You want to explain what just happened?

Lucy: (Does her best to look innocent.). What happened where?  (Batts her eyes at Tim, bighting her cheek so she doesn't laugh)

Tim: (Tim is barely controlling his frustration at this point, his hands move to his belt in full on defensive TO posture and when Lucy eyes dart to where is hands are and her arms cross over her chest he knows she didn't miss it.). Since when do you take your ring off?

Lucy: (covers her smirk with with a fake cough that makes Tim narrow his eyes) I don't, usually.  I went to Angela's house last night and spilled some
red wine and took it off to wash my hands.  I realized I left it when I got home and texted Angela and she said she'd bring it to me today.

Tim: (Runs his hand through his hair in frustration, and looks at his watch) Come on we got to get work. 

Lucy: She'll be here. 

Tim:  Seriously. We gotta go.

Lucy:  She'll be here!

(As if on cue a teal mini coop swings in the parking lot nearly missing a car backing out music blaring way too loud and comes to a screeching halt in from of Tim and Lucy.  Lucy golf claps as Tamara exits the drivers side door.

Tamara:  Isn't she pretty? My first car. 

Lucy: My car was your first car. 

Tamara:  If we are counting cars I've stollen this is probably like my 5th. 

Tim: What?!

Tamara:  (bugs her eyes out). Joke!  This seized car auction was definitely the way to go.  I got such a good deal.

Lucy: (Walking around the car to examine it more closely for outward damage.).  You are going to take it to the mechanic, though, right?  You never know what these used cars have been through.

Tamara:  (Follows Lucy around the car). Yeah, Tim set me up with this guy.

Lucy: What, he did?!  (Looks to Tim with affection for confirmation)

Tim: (Hoping that Lucy will let it go) Yeah.

Lucy:  ( With her teasing playful voice and mock heart eyes.). Oh, you have a heart after all.