VIII.

Natalia hadn't been to the mansion in days, instead wanting to give Niklaus and Ellana space

Natalia hadn't been to the mansion in days, instead wanting to give Niklaus and Ellana space. Mostly for the fact that she wouldn't tear the poor woman's head off in a jealous fit of rage.

She spent her time in a motel with her grimoire and glasses of champagne for company. Sometimes Kol or Rebekah would drop by, partying it up with her to feed on locals and whatnot. She hadn't seen much of her brother Elijah, unusually. And lastly, there was the phone call.

The phone call that she got in the morning from Nik, asking of her to come to the mansion.

"I want the two most important women in my life to meet, Talia. Is that so wrong?" He had said.

Well, no. It was actually really sweet of him to want Ellana and her to bond. But at the same time, Natalia always wanted to be Nik's first priority and didn't like sharing his attention. There had been more than one incident where she killed or hexed his flings out of spite, and Nik would always get angry...for a time.

Nevertheless, despite all that, her brother heeded her call so she gathered her things and headed back to the mansion.

Entering from the foyer, Natalia had been more than surprised to see Ellana coming to a halt from the hall by the staircase. The gorgeous blonde woman was shorter than she expected, and her skinny arms were struggling to hold a bin filled with pots of different herbs and flowers, and such. Dressed in overalls and dirt-stained gloves, and covered in a layer of sweat.

The two women stared at each other for a few seconds, mostly Natalia sneering at the woman with suspicion and Ellana looking more than thrilled to see the other.

"Natalia." Ellana smiled at her, then lowered the crate in her hands near the staircase. She walked over to the woman carefully while whisking off her dirty gloves. Her eyes gleamed up at the taller woman, who gave her an odd look in return. "You are Klaus' twin. I've been begging to meet you, to thank you!" She chirped, eerily happy.

"Thank me?" Natalia hummed dryly. "Whatever for?"

"Well, Damon told me about the deal you made. To save Jeremy's life and in return, giving me my freedom back. I've been stuck at the Gilbert lake-house for weeks, alone because my friends found out about Klaus and I. They didn't exactly like the fact that he and I were together," Ellana explained with a hint of sadness behind her tone, which she covered by continuing to smile, "So, thank you for bringing me back to him, Natalia. Thank you."

Natalia stared the woman up and down, even more awkward now. Because...well...no one has ever thanked her for her services before. Not even Nik.

She just did what she did, and moved on with life.

"You don't need to thank me, I didn't do it for you. I did it for my brother."

Ellana laughed softly, nodding. "I know you did. Nik's told me a lot about the bond you two have, about how much he trusts you." She looked around, then leaned in with her hand covering her mouth. "Don't tell anyone, but I think you are his favorite sibling," She whispered.