XVI.

"Aw, what's wrong? Missed me?"

Natalia suddenly breathed in deeply, like taking a breath of fresh air. For a moment she had completely blanked out after the initial shock hit her.

Blocking her protectively, Damon stayed in front of Natalia while giving Katherine the most hateful glare. It was as though he hated her so much that if looks could kill, Katherine would be six feet under. There was a special kind of hate he held for her, even that was obvious to her.

Katherine looked between them both. Her lips upturned in a crude smile towards them and her eyes filled with an unappreciative glare.

"Well, if it isn't the bitch of the wicked west," Damon said in annoyance.

"Hm. Good to see you two, Damon." Katherine then turned her gaze to Natalia. Her eyes narrowing in a very telling way. "Natty-Boo," She purred.

Natalia rolled her eyes as she looked away. She could only pray that the bitch didn't say anything to Damon.

She had wanted revenge on Damon when she thought he betrayed her—he could have never expected the truth being that he hadn't helped his friends and brother orchestrate the attack on her life.

The deal was off...except, Katherine didn't know.

After all, Natalia's been pretty wound up dealing with Mikael for the last few days.

"Katerina," Natalia said in a sigh. "What an entirely unwelcome surprise."

"And what an entirely unsurprising welcome," Katherine said back. Her crude smile turning into a smirk.

Damon sneered, and he glanced back at Natalia. "You two know each other?" He asked in a displeased tone.

"Oh, me and Natalia go way back." Katherine let out a hum of taunting. "We have a history a few centuries deep. We owe each other some favors..." Her eyes pointedly went to the Original. "...some of which I came to collect."

Natalia ran a hand through her hair. Her irritation growing. Damon was looking at her confused which made her nerves wrack.

"May I have a moment alone with Katerina?" She looked at Damon, turning her back a bit so the other could not see her soft look of endearment and fondness. "Only a moment."

Damon didn't like the sound of it, but he simply nodded. He rubbed his hand along her arm as he went, headed back towards the living room. And with him gone, Natalia flicked her hand to raise a silencing bubbling around her and Katherine, turning to glare at the woman.