bonus #1

P A I S L E Y

A/N i actually have no idea how MLB meetings go so if it's not right, oops.
--

Soon after Grayson and I's son, Nicholas, was born Grayson got drafted into the minor leagues. With only one season in the minors, we're about to go sign a four year contract with the Dodgers.

I walked into the bedroom to see Grayson fixing his button down shirt. "You ready, babe?" I asked as he turned to me. His plain expression softened at the sight of me. "As ready as I'll ever be." he replied quietly.

"Good. Charlotte should be here to watch Nicholas in.." I looked down at the gold watch on my wrist, "Now, actually." 

Just as I finished my sentence, our doorbell rung. I gave Grayson a kiss and sped-walked to the door. "Parsley!" Charlotte teased, giving me a tight hug. "Chocolate!" I played back while sticking my tongue out.

"Hey Gray," she waved towards him then immediately looked back to me. "Where's that little rascal?" she asked.

"Upstairs in his room, I think he's playing with his toys." I said as she dashed upstairs. Grayson let out a low chuckle while holding the front door for me.

--

We sat in the office, waiting for the coaches and the team president to arrive. Grayson was nervously bouncing his leg up and down until I placed my hand on his knee. "You're gonna do great." I whispered, with a slight smile.

At that note, they all walked in. "Grayson Hayes, and you must be Paisley." an older man, maybe in his upper sixties holds out his hand for me. "Terry Sanford"

"It's very nice to meet you."

All the men sat down in their chairs and they began talking, I quickly tuned it out as I had no idea what they were talking about until Grayson turned to me with a smile. I sent him a confused look when he leaned into my ear, "17 million." he whispered when my eyes lit up.

Holy shit.

After he signed, we drove back home. "17 mil?"

"A year, Paisley. A year."

"Holy shit!"

He ran his hands through his hair and he had a big smile on his face. "We can pay for Nick to go to college, any college at that." he smiled.

"And for you too, sunshine. If you wanna go back?"

"Yeah, we can."

--

Remember Nick for the future, ladies and gents 😉