Domenico

10

I sat in front of the changing room while she tried on dresses for the ball. "Dom?", she called out to me. "Yes?", I asked. "Don't you think this is a little bit too extra?", she asked pointing to a dress that looked more like a wedding dress. "Who picked that out?", I asked her. "I thought you did.", she looked at me confused. "I didn't, I picked that one.", I told her pointing at a black floor length gown with white Chrystals on the edges giving it a frozen look. "Well that a little bit too extra too.", she sighed. "I like it.", I shrugged.

"Help me find something. What do the other women wear?", she asked me. "I don't look at other women.", I told her. "Well I'm going as your assistant so I can't wear anything too flashy.", she explained pulling her dress over her hips. "I think you misunderstood something. You, Alicia Dea Russo, are going as my date. Not my assistant.", I pointed out. "I'm your date for a ball?", she asked. "Yes so dress as flashy as it can get. The women at the ball are basically there to show the status of the men. The flashier the dress the richer the man.", I explained trailing behind her through the store. "I can't find anything that says I'm the date of the most powerful man in this house.", she mocked turning around. "On earth love, I'm the most powerful man on earth.", I whispered leaning down to her hight.

"If you can't find anything then we'll get something made.", I shrugged. "I think my aunt could help us with that.", she said as we left the store. "Where is her boutique?", I asked and turned to her. "Follow me.", she smiled grabbing my hand and pulling me through the street. We reach an ally and she looked at me. "Watch out step.", she pointed out.

She took a turn opening a wooden door to a ware house looking place. "Buongiorno zio.", she smiled letting go of my hand. "Aj belladonna, how long has it been? Are you on your way to your aunt?", an old man asked. He sounds very familiar. "It has been too long and yes we are on our way to aunt Bella.", she smiled hugging the man again. "We? Did you bring that scumbag that you talked about here? I'll kill him personally, hurting my Dea.", he told her taking her head in his hands placing a kiss on her forehead. "Oh no, I broke up with him a long time ago. My boss was invited to a ball tonight and I need a dress to accompany him.", she explained. "A ball? The only ball happening is the ball between the familias.", he said turning to me.

"Zio this is my boss and a friend of mine, Domenico Millan.", she said pulling me toward them. "Buongiorno sir.", I greeted him reaching out my hand. "Buongiorno.", he replied taking my hand in mine. "It's a pleasure to meet you.", I nodded. "You too.", he nodded and let go and turned to Alicia. "Before you say anything, I know who he is, I know what he does for work and no he did not force me to go to the ball.", she explained to her uncle. "I know he wouldn't force a woman to do anything.", he said. "Come on. Let's drink something.", he said pulling us into the well lit living room.

He turned around and my eyes widened in shock when I realized who he was. "Belladonna could you get us something from the fridge?", he asked her. She hummed and placed her bag in my hands.

"It's been a long time Dom. How are you holding up?", my fathers best friend asked me. "Alessandro?", I asked him. The scar across his face had faded a little bit. The one on his neck not so much, it was still well visible. "I didn't know you had a niece.", I pointed out. "We aren't related. I watched her grow up since she spent a lot of her time with her aunt.", he explained. "So how have you been holding up?", he asked again. "I'm doing better.", I nodded. He turned around and leaned over to me. "You like her don't you?", he asked with a sleek smile on his lips. My eyes widened again and he looked at me proudly. "I knew you had a good taste in women.", he smiled leaning back.