Domenico

11

I parked the car in front of the mansion and looked at her. "This thing is showing a lot of cleavage.", she whispered. "I don't mind.", I shrugged. "But what if other people say something, doesn't this resemble a...", she trailed off ,like in the café ,while tugging at the front of the dress. "Stop tugging at it, you look great. Nobody is going to have the balls to something to your face. Let them talk behind your back this will probably be the first and last time seeing them anyway.", I explained leaning back in my seat and closing my eyes.

"You haven't smoked yet have you?", she asked me. "Is it obvious?",I asked her. "Kind of."; she shrugged. I got out of the car rounding it to stood at her door. I opened it and she put her legs out. "It isn't our turn yet.", I told her as she wanted to stand up. "Why did you get out then?", she asked and turned her whole body towards me. "To smoke.", I answered and leaned against the side of the car.

"I do not like any of these people.", I sighed. "I've been ditching this thing for the past three years.", I told her looking at another one of the families arriving. "Too many people for you huh?", she asked. I nodded.

"Our turn.", I said reaching for her hand. After we made our way to the door she looks at me. "Are a lot of people going to stare?", she questioned. "All of them are going to stare.", I whispered when our name were announced. "Domenico Kane Millan the leader of the Millan family with his date Alicia Dea Russo.", he introduced us while we walked down the long stair case.

All eyes were on her. She lowered her head a little bit and kept walking next to me. "Chin up la mia Stella.", I whispered. "They are staring.", she whispered back. "Let them.", I told her while pulling back her chair next to Alessandro.

"Let's start the ceremony, Mr. Millan would you please be so kind and hold your speech.", the man asked. I placed my phone on Alicias lap and made my way to the podium. "I welcome all of the people who were able to make it today. As the leader of the Smoke we appreciate that everybody followed all the rules. ", I stated with my usual cold tone. "Thank you.", I thanked them and walked back to my place. "The first round will be served in a minute.", someone announced and I looked at Alicia.

"After the third round the women go and change. When you go change you go to that guy and he'll escort you to your changing room.", I explained pointing out on of my men who were there. She nodded and scooted back a bit for the waiter to place down the plates.

"So Alessandro, what makes you attend. You haven't attended the ball since your wife cheated.", one of the men spoke, obviously trying to get under his skin. "I'm here for fun.", he shrugged taking a bite of his food. "And you boss?", the old man asked teasingly. "It's my duty.", I replied and leaned back. "Well I'm glad you decided to finally see us here and you brought such a beautiful woman too.", he pointed out towards Alicia catching my and Alessandros attention. "What club did you find her at? I'd pay a million dollars for a slut that looks half as good.", the mans son piped in after taking a sip.

I leaned forward and placed my elbows on the table. "She's not a slut.", I gritted out. "If you like to keep your ability to talk then I suggest you shut up before I rip your vocal cords out of your throat.", I hissed at him quietly. "Don't talk to my son like that.", his father hissed back taking the knife into his hand. I felt Alicias hand on my knee giving it a light squeeze. "Then teach your son how to talk to women properly.", Alessandro told him with utter disgust and anger lacing his voice. "What do you care not like you are her father.", the man hissed. "Maybe I think of her like my daughter and that would make this a lot worse for you Andreas.", Alessandro said finally looking up from his plate glaring at the man in front of us.

The man's eyes widened when he realized which Dea was sitting at the table. Alessandro had mentioned her a few times using her second name. Alessandro may be retired but his history in our mafia was known to be the bloodiest of all. "My apologies.", the man lowered his head taking a bite from his food.