quackity oneshot [finished, 2023, 'after slimes death']

IT WAS A GOOD DAY
IF YOU IGNORE THE
FACT THAT IT WASN'T.

las nevadas was cold. cold and quiet. due to the fact that the city had yet to be opened, it was almost always quiet. but today, and after the events that took place weeks ago, it was awfully quiet. all you could hear was the wind picking up while the sky turned grey. you slowly approached the space needle.

if you're confused- which, you shouldn't be, the events that took place weeks prior to today were bad. from a betrayal to a death. betrayed by a past citizen of las nevadas to the death of a beloved one. las nevadas lost 2 that day; purpled, the betrayer. and slimecicle, the killed. you hadn't been there when it happened and you certainly couldn't imagine what it felt like to be in quackity's position. he saw it all happen in front of him. he told you, after, and in tears that he tried to save slime but slime didn't let him.

the whole ordeal is heartbreaking enough but when quackity told you slime's last words, it made you sick to your stomach. dizzy.

"thank you for showing me what it's like to be human. maybe i almost was."

as of the past week and a half, you had only seen quackity a few times. he was distant and always said he was busy if anyone tried to talk to him. busy reading and analyzing everything he can because when slime respawned, he was different. he didn't speak, he didn't move, and he certainly didn't act like the slimecicle las nevadas knew.

you quickly clicked the button to the elevator when you got to the bottom of the space needle. there was a few moments of silence as the elevator arrived and doors slid opened. you stepped with a deep breath and clicked the next button. the doors shut and the elevator started to go up. you watched the ground get more distant every second through the white-stained windows.

when it stopped and the doors reopened, you were met with stacks and stacks of books. quackity had changed the viewing area of the space needle to be a personal library for the time being- till he could figure something out. and it wasn't a problem since the city was closed. you examined the paths through the stacks of books before slowly stepping out of the elevator and around the them. you didn't mean to, but you accidentally knocked a few books over. it made a loud noise in the quiet place.

you were almost positive quackity had heard, and you were right. "i'm busy. which means you should go." he mumbled loud enough for you to hear. you followed his voice, and he was resting his arms over the glass railing that kept you from falling to your death over las nevadas. the only opened balcony entrance and exit, the rest were closed off. "no." you said simply. he hadn't turned your way till now, looking at you for a moment before turning back. you took this as a sign to walk closer to him.

"why are you here?" he asked when stood beside him. "i'm here to help. i miss you and i refuse to be pushed away any longer." you slowly placed your hand on top of his, and he turned his head to look at you with tear-stained cheeks and eyes full of pain. you removed your hand from his and moved it to cup his cheek instead. "i-i'm sorry," he stuttered. "don't say sorry, there's no reason for you to. i understand you're coping with slime's death, so i'm not angry in any way."

almost on cue, he started to break. tears filled his eyes and fell down his cheeks again as he put extra weight on your hand that cupped his face. he closed his eyes before crumbling to the floor, his back sliding against the glass. you followed him, now cupping his face with both of your hands. he continued to sob in front of you. it made your eyes fill with tears seeing him like this, he was never one to show his emotions so strongly.

after a few seconds, he reached over and pulled you closer to him, arms wrapping around your stomach and now he was crying into your chest. as almost if the sky was crying too, the rain started. "i promise everything will be okay," you whispered over the wind. "i-" he sobbed. "you're okay. take your time," you continued to whisper. "i-i...i came up with a name for sli-slime," he stammered with a cry. your heart ached. "what is it?"

"c-charlie." he said. "oh, it's perfect," you held him closer than you had before, now hugging him tightly. thankfully the rain was coming down the opposite way so you didn't have to get wet.

after a few minutes, with lots of comforting words, he started to calm down and breathe steadily again. he lifted his head from your chest before you used your hand to cup his face and wipe the tears off. you stayed like this, hand on his cheek while you looked at each other. "thank you," he whispered. he moved his gaze from your eyes to your lips for a moment before he took the chance and leaned forward. the kiss was quick as he pulled back almost immediately.

"fuck! i'm sorry, i- i'm such a mess right now-" he gasped at his own actions as he let go of you and got up from the floor. "no, wait, quackity," you said and followed him by getting up. "it's fine if you like me, and it isn't just the emotions then i like you back." he stopped in his tracks before turning to face you, he let out a loud sigh of relief and sniffled his nose before wiping it.

"okay well... we will talk more on this later. right now we have work to do, don't we?" you asked and turned your head toward the stacks of books.