wilbur oneshot [finished, 2022, 'runaway royal' part three]

THE SOUND OF
QUACKITY'S VOICE
FILLED YOUR EARS.

"don't be nervous. they won't bite. well, tommy might- but that's beyond the point," wilbur grabbed your hand while you lunged off of the grey horse.

you had gotten away from the guards and from your family, it only took a few days to make it to the house wilbur grew up in. a few extra hours were added from having to hide from people and through the nights you stayed wherever you could: tiny hotels, parks, cafes.

wilbur smiled and kept your hand in his while he tied the horse to a nearby fence, "they'll love you. don't worry, darling."

you couldn't help being nervous, even if wilbur said there's nothing to be nervous about. i mean, you have done more nerve-racking things in the past 48 hours than this. like walking down the aisle, running away and hiding from loads of kingdom guards as well as other people. meeting his family should be nothing.

still hand in hand, he walked you toward the front door of his family's house. it was a rather british-looking cottage with vines and dark blue window shutters. it looked old, but not the bad old, the good and beautiful old.

wilbur gently brought his hand up to knock on the wooden door. he turned his head toward you for one last comforting smile before it opened and a blonde man answered.

"wilbur told us you two would be coming," he spoke softly and with a greeting smile on his face. "hey dad," said wilbur before letting go of your hand and going in for a hug from his father. when they broke apart wilbur turned to you. "come on," he whispered before walking into the house. you followed right behind him.

the interior of the cottage was just as pleasant as the exterior with comfy furniture and cozy decorations (props to phil keeping the inside clean with 3 kids). "wilbur!" the youngest one yelled, the one wilbur told you was tommy, a 12-year-old.

"tommy!" wilbur yelled back before the blonde ran and jumped into his arms for a hug. "it's been so long!" he exaggerated, "yeah, if you count 3 weeks long, then sure."

you couldn't help but smile at wilbur and his family, you knew your family was and could never be like this. and he was right, they don't bite.

when tommy was back on the floor he looked over at you and his eyes went wide. "this is the (princess/prince)?" his mouth dropped. "you are pretty...ya'know, will told us a lot about you through multiple letters, it's actually quite pathetic."

"pshhhh, child. go play with your toys or something," wilbur said before tommy started to argue. "i am not a child! i'm a big man, wilbur! how dare you," he went on while phil, the father, walked over to you. he lifted his hand to shake. "nice to finally meet you, y/n." he smiled.

the 2 boys were still bickering back and forth
while someone else walked into the room. when tommy noticed him he gasped in excitement, "techno! look who's here!" technoblade, wilbur's non-identical twin.

"you can call him technoblade or techno or the blood god or the blade, he goes by many names and is practically a king himself," tommy gloated for him.

"be quiet, tommy," said techno before turning his gaze to you and wilbur. he smiled ever-so slightly before walking toward you.

he bowed in front of you and lifted his hand to shake yours. you grinned and bowed back, his grasp was strong while you shook hands. he stepped back after a few seconds and everyone seemed to be smiling.