15|Manjha

Tere liye hii jiya Maine
Khud ko jo yun de diya hai
Teri wafa ne mujhko sambhala
Sare ghamo ko dil se nikaala
Tere sath mera hai naseeb judaa
Tujhe paa ke adhoora na raha

Kyun ki tum hi ho, ab tum hi ho
Zindagi ab tum hi ho
Chain bhi, mera dard bhi
Meri aashiqui ab tum hi ho
~~~

" Nandini "
Manik called out again, scanning the room he frowned. She wa not there in the living room and she was not even picking up her phone.

" Nandini yaar kaha ho "
He shouted but got no reply.

He moved upstairs and searched the rooms. Just as he was about to go down stairs he saw the store room door open.

Manik walked to the door and peeked in, there lied Nandini, holding a book close to her chest.

Her silky black hair had dirt on them and her face had dried tear stains.

Manik sighed, cursing himself mentally and gently picked Nandini up and she rested her head on his chest.

She still had the book clutched in her hands and Manik found it adorable.

He carefully lied her down on the bed and took away the book from her hands as he sat beside her.

Manik opened the book and saw a picture where Nandini was sitting between him and Kabir, Manik was looking at a small Nandini with a smile who was playing with her pigtails.

He sighed heavily, he was not in the correct state of mind yesterday.

The servants Malhotra's had were very supportive and loyal however yesterday when he came back from office he heard the cook whispering something to the cleaner.

" Did you look at Nandini ma'am ? She has been crying all day....ever since she got here. She was even holding Kabir sir's picture in her hand. Poor girl, how hard it must've been to forget you love and get married to that man's brother "
Manik heard them and a wave of insecurity hit him, what if that's true ? Did Nandini ever truly have feelings for Kabir ?

" I know, Manik sir is a wonderful guy but when there's no love....the wedding will never succeed "
Manik also remembered how Kabir looked at Nandini when she was walking up the stairs, with longing in his eyes.

Manik was angry, hurt, mad, sad, frustrated and very confused.

His irrational behaviour with Nandini hurt her and now he knew it, last night he was blinded by his overwhelming emotions but now he wanted to talk to his wife.

He saw Nandini stir a little and stretch her arms.

Nandini opened her eyes and rubbed her nose with the back of her palm as Manik adored her feeling a pang of guilt.

" Nandini "

He called out and she looked down at her lap murmuring

" Hmm "

" Nandini suno na ! "
Manik initiated nervously trying to hold Nandini's hand.

" Hato Manik, I've to get ready. Ghar jaana hai fir office bhi jaana hai. Leave khatam ho gayi hai meri "
Nandini said subtly pushing his hand away as she put her legs down and stood up while looking for her phone.

" Nandini suno toh sahi "
He whined but Nandini walked towards the washroom.