38|Laila

Sau baar janam lun
To bhi tu hi
Hamdam har dafa chahiye

Tu hai toh mujhe fir aur kya chahiye
Tu hai toh mujhe fir aur kya chahiye !

~~~

“ Rashi quick, I have to get on stage. ”
Manik said fixing his mike while Rashi tried to stall him for as long as he could. Meanwhile Kabeer tried to quietly sneak Nandini in, making sure that the crowd doesn't notice her.

 Meanwhile Kabeer tried to quietly sneak Nandini in, making sure that the crowd doesn't notice her

“ Manik sirrr, aap shant ho thoda, if you keep shouting like this, awaaz khawab ho jayegi. ”
Manik glared at her and pulled her hair causing her to wince.

“ Pitna hai tujhe ? ”
She gave him a hard look. She gave him the finger and then said.

“ They're just checking for the lights and everything. ”

“ Last minute !? ”
He exclaimed and rashi nervously smiled.

“ Uhm yes. ”
Her phone pinged and she took a peek seeing Nandini's message saying she was ready.

“ We're good to go.”
Rashi said and holding his arm dragged him towards the corridor. He saw the spot holding and checking his guitar and asked him to hand it over.

His lips curved up when he heard the crowd cheering for him and though the noise was a little too harsh on his ears, he was happy.

“ Anchor is doing the announcement, she'll call him in a minute. ”
The spot boy told Rashi and Manik, who heard it, took out his phone.

“ Hello mom ! Kaise yaad aayi apko apne bete ki ? Because aaj kal toh you're too busy with your daughters ”
Manik teased her, refering to Arohi and Nandini.

Chup. All the best kehne ke liye call kara tha. ”

“ Thank you. Waise aa rahe ho na aap dinner pe ! Rashi and Veer are ditching but you and dad can't ok. ”
They talked for a while and then Manik went on the stage.

“ Manik ”

“ Manik ”

“ Manik ”
Crowd cheered for him making him smile to the fullest.

“ Ready ho sab ?! ”
He asked, his voice full of enthusiasm and power. The crowd cheered and the lights went dim.

Patta Anaaron Ka
Patta Chanaaron Ka
Jaise Hawaaon Mein
Aise Bhatakta Hoon
Din Raat Dikhta Hoon
Main Teri Raahon Mein