0️⃣ 8️⃣

Lucas's Pov

Right now I feel like I failed again. When I went to check on Alicia, I was stunned to find her lying on the floor. When I crouched beside her, I found her cheeks wet with tears and she was shivering.

I carried her to the bed and covered her with a duvet. When I was sure that she was comfortable enough, I wiped her tears.

I don't know what she went through in her past but I guess it was horrible enough to turn my once cheerful sister into a mute, scared girl.

When Xia was a baby, her laughter filled the house with life. There was a shine in her now dull eyes.

This broken girl in front of me breaks my heart.

When I looked around the room, it was very empty, which reminds me that she didn't bring much stuff with her.

So I changed my schedule and canceled all the meetings for tomorrow. I plan to pamper my sister and spend some time with her tomorrow.

I informed Yahel and the rest about the change in plan.

At dinner, I told Alicia about the plans for tomorrow and that both of us will go shopping after breakfast.

Alicia's Pov ( next day)

I was having a nervous breakdown right now, and going out with Lucas is the cause. At sir's place, I was provided with a pair or two of some old unfitted clothes. Going out was a luxury that I wasn't entitled to. Chores-school-punishment chores-punishments, this was my daily routine.

I hardly swallowed a bite at breakfast. I was shaking the entire time. Thank God nobody noticed or said anything.

I jinxed it. "Alicia last time I checked, food is for your mouth and not your eyes. Stop staring at it and eat." Felipe said or rather mocked.

Somehow I managed to eat tiny bites and engaged myself with food till everyone was done eating.
Now I know how I can get away from everyone's attention and still not eat an impossible amount of food.

As I was about to take off to my room, magically out of nowhere, Lucas came in front of me and said,
" Alicia we will be leaving in 15 minutes, so meet me in the living room."

I nodded and left for my forenamed haven.

Apart from the way to my room from the dining room, the rest of the mansion is a maze to me.

I so don't want to go out with Lucas, he is dressed so finely while I was wearing leggings, which are torn on the knees though it looks like ripped leggings fashion. And the top is also worn out anyway it doesn't have any big holes.
When with Lucas, I'll surely look like a stray hobo.

I hurriedly tied my hair and wore shoes that were two sizes too small. Before leaving I ate two pain relief tablets, so my feet don't hurt.

Finally, I was on my way somewhere with Lucas in his fancy black car.
His car was so comfortable and fancy but it had only two seats. Like the car was long enough to get two more seats fixed. Why waste space?
Anyways I don't know much about cars but I loved the horse logo on his car. It was so cute standing on Its two feet.

He was driving too fast thanks to Jesus, traffic wasn't so bad and his car was smooth.

After some 30 mins, we were entering a huge mall, there were numerous stores, and each of them appeared super luxe and expensive. Why my brother can't take me somewhere average and cheap, where I don't feel so conscious and out of place?

We entered a clothing store, and on entering my eyes caught the price tag on a top, seeing the figure I almost had a heart attack and I am honestly not overstating.