CHAPTER 10

"She is your girlfriend?" Her mother asks again.

"Yes mom"

"Mon Dieu! Marie I am so happy you are finally dating someone again. So when should I start the wedding preparations?" Her mother calls her Marie sometimes.

"Mom it's just been 8 months since we started dating, it's too early"

"But Marie, now you are 30! You need to settle down"

"Oh God mom not again" Maria rolls her eyes. Rose was just blinking her eyes in pure confusion listening them argue, there wasn't any subtitle too. She looked at Maria's father who sweetly smiled towards her, he was happy for some reason.

"Non! She is American!" Her mother suddenly realizes. "She is neither a French nor Asian, Marie!" Maria rolled her eyes, it was gonna go like this for the entire day now, her mother worrying about the things which are not going to happen soon.

"You do realize you are the worst example for that right?" Maria says and shakes her head.

"Let's talk about it later. Let them freshen up!" Her father says in English to her mother. He knew French as well as, though he has Singaporean, he had lived almost his whole life in France.

"Oh you are right. Marie I shall arrange a room for you" Her mother then orders the maids to make the necessary arrangements. They dismiss and Mia then explains Rose the situation. Mia knew only a few words of French but it was easy to make out what was the conversation about.

"Oh so she told her..is her parents okay?"

"It's been years since they have known"

"I shall get going too now, I am tired" Mia says and leaves too. Rose was left alone in this beautiful unknown palace. The interior was luxurious and vintage.

Suddenly she heard footsteps approaching her from behind and she recognized the person. It was none other than Mark in his clothes from earlier when he was riding the horse.

"Uh..hello" Rose said and hoped he knew English. Mark took a long careful look on the guest, he was indifferent.

"Good afternoon, has Maria arrived?"

"Yes, I am Rose Christianus" she says awkwardly.

"Interesting" Mark answered. She was not quite understanding him.

"I am Maria's girlfriend if you are wondering who I am"

"Oh I know you are a Sugar Baby, you don't need to lie. Just be careful, I am the only one who does"

"Ah-how do you know...?"

"If Maria really had a girlfriend, she won't be looking for a SB"

"Oh, so you know about her?"

"Yes, unfortunately I am a part of her tactics"

"I was told you are arranging for the wedding"

"So I am. My wife is yet to come. I have been doing everything on my own since weeks"

"I see..well I can help you with things by the time I am here. I am free anyways so"

Mark laughed at Rose's gesture.

"Thank you, but I don't think you will be of any help. You stay focused on your job" Mark was a perfectionist and everything had to be like so. And as a matter of fact, organizing their family events were much more difficult than anyone else's and an outsider would know nothing of it.