- chance -

~ 7 ~

~ 7 ~

"I am done looking for love where it doesn't exist. I am done coughing up dust in attempts to drink from dry wells."
~ Maggie Young

.

.

.

After that incident, Charlotte wasn't seen by anyone for a whole month.

Until one day, a man with glasses walked to her door. He knocked hesitantly, and immediately, the door opened and he was pulled into the house forcefully.

The man turned to the person frantically, his face showing pure shock. He sighed heavily when he recognised Charlotte.

"You scared me." Grisha said, beginning to open his case and search for something. "Here, new books for you." He said, holding them out for Charlotte to take.

"Thanks." She answered, taking them. She sat down at her table. "Please, sit." She said shortly.

Grisha was a little confused at her behaviour, she was normally more talkative. "Do you wanna learn about heart massages today?" He asked with a smile.

When he turned to look at Charlotte, he stilled for a moment, looking around  nervously.

Her eyes were so different. The childlike spark they had, was gone. Replaced by a more dangerous, or rather murderous glimmer.

Charlotte's blank eyes only continued to stare at the man. "Did you know that my last name is Ackerman?" She asked out of the blue, analysing the man's every reaction.

Grisha's eyes betrayed him for a second, and he let surprise, even shock shine through them.

"...No...why should I care?" He asked, trying to play dumb.

Charlotte leaned forward, her hands on the table, staring at the man opposite of her. "Yeager. If you know something, tell me." She pleaded with her eyes.

Grisha thought for a moment. His eyes showed sympathy for a second. Should he tell her something? He didn't know much himself. Should he?

"...I really don't know what you're talking about." Grisha said, still acting clueless.

And with a loud bang, Charlotte destroyed the table they were sitting at with one strong hit of her fist. Grisha jolted back, jumping from his chair and looking at the broken table before him with shocked eyes.

"...Then why can I do that?" Charlotte spoke rather calmly, considering she just smashed a whole table without reason.

"...That's a good question." Grisha answered, adjusting his glasses quickly. Charlotte stared into his eyes, trying to find the reason he won't tell her what he knew.