- wiped out -

~ 11 ~

~ 11 ~

"It strikes me profoundly that the world is more often than not a bad and cruel place."
~Bret Easton Ellis

.

.

.

.

.

The expedition. The first one for the four new cadets that joined the survey corps four months ago.

It was horrible.

Sharp eyes scanned the flat area around them. The rain was disturbing their vision gradually.

A whistle was heard.

Finally the ears of the person could make out the sounds of a horse stomping on the ground. It was quiet because of the loud splashing of the rain, but it was there.

With lazy footsteps, she walked up to the horse. Oh this horse, she never liked it very much. But she was so glad to see it right now.

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Without much effort, but still very strainingly, her skinny long fingers pierced themselves inside the fabric of a shirt.

With big slow steps she approached the horse, dragging the body behind her like a sack.

She didn't have the strength, nor the will to throw the boy over her shoulder.

So she dragged him, all the way over to the horse. Finally she let go of his shirt, before grabbing his slanky arms rather harshly and throwing him on top of the horse.

Panting, mussels hurting, and mind still cloudy from the previous events, two mismatched eyes took one last good look at the scenery in front of her.

A scene she wouldn't be seeing the last time in her life.

Steam. So much steam coming out of the dead titan's bodys. And actual bodys, human bodys.

Bleeding human bodys, mutilated, distorted. Some were already inside of the titan's stomachs, steaming into the air.

She carved this sight into her mind, this couldn't ever happen again like this. That was unacceptable.

She forced her eyes away, climbing onto the horse.

The 9th squad, Lilly's squad, with the two new cadets Charlie Ackerman and Paul Becker in it, got wiped out.

.

But back to the start.

.

It was early in the morning. Really, really early. The survey corps arrived in Shiganshina, at their exit point to outside the walls.