Chapter Nine

Warning: Serious trigger warnings in this chapter. Please read with caution.

Aurora assumed she must have slept in a little longer than usual this morning because when she woke up, Ryder had already prepared her lunch and left it beside her bedside table waiting for her.

She wistfully stared at the grilled cheese sandwiches, tall glass of orange juice, and potato wedges, thankful he wasn't standing over her like he usually would be when he brought in her food.

Instead of digging in and giving into the insatiable yearning to dive into that delicious food, her stomach had been ordering her to acknowledge, she sat up on her haunches.

She leaned against the headboard and started shaking uncontrollably. Suddenly she could feel the bile filling her throat at the thought of what Ryder had done to her last night, and within seconds, she forgot that the food was even there and fell back onto her pillow.

She started crying, weeping inconsolably to the point where she was almost choking on her river of tears, wanting to be sick at the same time, thinking back to how he felt when he was inside of her and how much he hurt her and made her bleed.

She screamed so loudly that if someone had been able to hear her, they would have been convinced she was being murdered.

Clenching her small fists, Aurora unleashed the anger boiling up inside her and started pounding them into the pillow.

She kept imagining it was Ryder's face until her painful screams inevitably transformed into a faint chorus of murmurs and relentless whimpers echoing throughout the room.

Ever since she was a small child, Aurora had dreamed about one day finding the right man.

She would have given herself to him because he would have been the man she planned on spending the rest of her life with.

The man she would have married and loved and spent her life growing old with.

But now that was all gone.

She would never be able to know what it felt like, to give her body to the man she loved. She was tainted by his selflessness and his lust to take her body against her will all just to serve his gratification, without even considering her feelings, other than his own.

She was aware Ryder had been under the influence of alcohol, but what he had done had been inexcusable and unforgivable. She also believed he'd planned this before he decided to go out drinking that night.

She believed now that he had been planning this since the moment he brought her here and stripped her of her life. He'd already taken everything away from her; stealing her virginity had just been the cherry on the cake for him.

Closing her eyes, Aurora attempted to escape her dismal world of gloom, misery, and heartache when she heard movements and a strange thudding noise behind the door, startling her from her
lackadaisical state.

Before she even had time to yank the covers over her, opposed to the idea of him being there, Ryder was in the room quicker than she expected, ordering her to get out of bed.

She hadn't seen him since the night he raped her and for some reason, she felt more awkward and uncomfortable around him than usual.

Instead of jumping to his tune and doing as was expected of her like she normally would, she lay frigid, in a stationary, position, frozen like a stiff corpse, sniffling underneath the covers, she decided to pull over herself, hiding herself from him.

She was curled up in her usual fetal position, trembling, and balling her eyes out the closer she heard Ryder's footsteps making their way towards her.