Chapter 10: Guests

Lily's eyes widened in distress. It was merely three minutes ago when the chaotic mindreader screamed out her name. But that was enough time for Starguider to lead Lily over to Moonwatcher and Qibli. The two dragons snapped their snouts to face the dragonets racing towards them. Lily didn't bother to check if Nighthowler was still following her, she raced out of the library so fast that she doubted he saw it. 

As Lily neared the two dragons, she started to see their troubled snouts. She didn't have to ask why they were so concerned. She already knew. "I'm assuming that you had a vision last night..." whispered the SeaWing hybrid. Moonwatcher frowned and nodded her head, not before placing her talon over her green eyes. "Moons," Lily muttered. 

Everything drowned out. Too much. This was all too much. First her grandmother now this? Lily couldn't believe it. Who was next? Mom? Dad? Lily didn't even notice the tears that were streaming down her snout as she thought of what they had to do. What they had to save.  Moonwatcher said something to someone but the dragonet didn't listen. She just stared out into space, letting her emotions gain control. 

Grief. Grief had finally taken it's toll on her. It finally consumed her. Destroyed her. She wondered why it had taken so long to surface. Why she didn't bawl on the floor immediately. She guessed it made sense now. Something had to trigger it. To jump start it. Finding out that her parents were possibly going die...it had finally triggered. Lily's legs started tremble beneath her, almost to a point where they were about to give out. Thankfully, a blob of black as night scales settled next to her, steadying her as she faced Moonwatcher and Qibli. 

"What did you see?" wondered Lily, her voice quaking. 

The NightWing frowned but that didn't stop the prophetic words from flowing out of her mouth. "Dragonets of Sea

Come and see

Dragonets of Night

Come take flight

Dragonets of Rain

Hide in the plains

Dragonets of Pure

Find the cure

Dragonets of Sky and Mud

Come together and spill blood

For the queens of East, West, North, and South

Will be there no more

Find the cure

Find the imposter

Search high and low

Search in the kingdom that cannot be seen

Otherwise, Pyrrhia will be gone..." Once the prophecy was over, Moonwatcher shook her head and glanced at Qibli. 

"Moons, that never stops being creepy," he muttered. Moon just growled softly and flicked him with her tail. The SandWing smiled softly, gripped Moon's tail, and twined it with his. The beautiful NightWing could stop her blush from seeping through her snout. 

"It really is true then..." murmured Lily. "Who's in danger? Who do we have to save? What's the cure? Tell me, Moonwatcher! Tell me!" Moon didn't flinch at the sharpness of Lily's voice instead she just sighed. 

"Lily, I know you're confused. That's how my friends and I felt when we had to do something with our prophecy. But I promise you, we will be there--"

"No," growled Starguider, her quaint and annoying voice rung throughout the entrance of the school. Moon and Qibli turned toward their daughter, worry and confusing daunting in their eyes. "You will not be there to help us," she declared.