Chapter 11: Support

Lily glanced up at the moon, taking a deep breath. What was happening with her life? First her grandmother passes and then she finds she has to stop this villain before they kill her parents. She shifted on her talons as she read a scroll. If it was one thing that she learned from Moonwatcher, it was to get lost in a scroll when life goes crazy. 

Currently, the main character was going to confess her feelings toward the love intrest. Lily rolled her eyes as the main character told the classic cliche that I-love-you-but-I-can't-have-you. Can't writers these days create better content? 

"Listen, I know what you're thinking...literally, but we have to do this! Otherwise our--" 

"SHUSH!" Lily hissed throwing a pillow at her roommate's snout. Starguider huffed and flapped her wings exasperatingly. 

"Don't you shush me!" yelped Starguider. Her emerald green eyes flared with rage. 

"SHUSH!" the SeaWing hybrid repeated. Starguider huffed and walked over to her bed. Probably realizing that she wasn't going to win this fight. Lily continued reading her scroll, only stopping to have a reaction when the love interest reciprocated those feelings. After reading another chapter in the scroll, Lily decided that it was finally time to pay attention to her "friend". She placed the scroll down and lifted her eye ridge. 

"Are you finished?" grumbled Starguider, lifting her talon like a diva. 

"Yes. Are you?" Lily snapped. Starguider rolled her eyes and stood up from her bed. "So. What is it you want to talk about?" she wondered. 

"I was going to tell you that...we need to put the mission first. No matter what," whispered Starguider. Lily frowned and stood up from her spot. Was that goodey-too-shoes telling her that she shouldn't go to her grandmother's funeral? 

"What are you implying, Starguider?" she hissed. 

The hybrid let out a sigh and stood up, keeping her eyes on Lily's. "I think you know exactly what I'm trying to say," Starguider replied. 

Lily let out a growl, flaring up her wings. No. A thousand times no. She wasn't going to miss the funeral. And she sure as the moons that she wasn't going to go with her. "Over my dead body, will I miss it," snarled Lily. Starguider rolled her eyes and let out a huff of annoyance. Was she so selfish that she wasn't going to at least understand why Lily wouldn't face the unknown? 

"I'm just saying, that you should think about the rest of the world. The rest of our parents," she whispered. 

"You don't think that I know that? You don't think that I'm caring about Copper's parents? About Firefly's? Or your's? Or Isla's? I care, Star. I care so much that I was willing to spend my mourning time into figuring out who killed my grandmother. For this...investigation," Lily ranted, circling Starguider. "But you of all people should understand what I'm going through. You should understand why I would want to go." Starguider let out a sigh and faced the ground. Lily knew she was right. She knew that she hit the heart. "I'm going to her funeral. And Nighthowler is going with me. But I will investigate. I will try to find any evidence or clues that can lead us to this villain. But I will go." 

Starguider lifted her green eyes and Lily gazed into them. For the first time in a while, she had seen something that...that she knew Starguider wanted her to see. To see how Starguider was shattered. But it only lasted for a second. The next moment, Starguider said, "okay. But the rest of us will be following the  prophecy. You go and meet us at Diamond Spray River." Lily nodded and walked out of the cave. If they were going to save Pyrrhia. Then they might as will get a head start. 

-----------+----------

She caught Nighthowler reading a scroll in a small nook in the library. She gazed at him as his eyes swirled around the page. He truly seemed lost in whatever world he was reading. Lily smiled as he scratched his head in confusion and mouthed a what. "Having trouble?" she wondered, striding towards him. Nighthowler lifted up his head, his dark eyes brightening at the sight of her. 

"Oh! Hey!" smiled Nighthowler. "Um, what's up?" 

"Nothing...just...y'know prophecy things." Nighthowler nodded his head and closed his scroll. 

"What about the prophecy?" he wondered. 

"Well, Starguider told me that after my grandmother's funeral we should meet them at Diamond Spray River," informed Lily. Nighthowler turned towards the window, not facing her. She guessed that he was feeling the same grief and pain that the rest of them were feeling. How could they possibly save everyone? They were only dragonets. 

"And?" he murmured. 

"And I was hoping that once we get to the Kingdom of the Sea that you would help me figure out who or what killed my grandmother. I know you only decided to come for the support, but--"

"Lily, I think now more than anything you need someone to be there for you. So yes, I will help you," smiled Nighthowler. Lily gave him a small smile and placed her wing over his. Nighthowler lifted his eye ridge. 

"You also need someone. So, we'll get through this...together," she whispered. 

He placed his talon on top of hers, causing her heart to melt at the touch. Sending her a small smile, he said, "I'd like that." 

Lily smiled and laid her head against his shoulder, inviting the warmth of his heat to warm her. Despite everything that has happened, Lily was more than happy that Nighthowler was here to help and support her. It was just what she needed.