Chapter 9

Age: 15 years old (Insia)

"Insia, beta you have school today. uth jao jaldi se."her baba tried to get her up.
It was a saturday morning and she was the only one going to school.

The others stayed home for the weekend because of her art club, she had to go on saturdays.

" Baba. Aaj chutti kara den." she said half asleep.
" But aaj to saturday hai. Tumhara favourite."
Hearing it was saturday she got up at once and hit the cabinet over her bed.

" Allah. kitni baar kaha hai Aram se utho ab lag gyi na." her father said while massaging her head.

She got ready for school and while she was eating breakfast, Wali walked in through the front door.
Insia got up from her chair to look at the intruder only to see a flusterd Wali.

A 17 year old Wali, with ruined jet black hair, messed up clothes and bleeding knuckles and a busted lip.

" Jogging krne gya tha me." clearly lying.

" Acha....... Mun par girre ho kia. Aur hath to zaroor planks krte hue khoon o khoon hue hn. Dont tell me tum ne poori raat bahir guzaari hai."

" Shhh!! chup. Pagal ho kia poore ghar ko btao gi kia."

" Mujh se kisi aur baat ki umeed bhi mat rakhna."
" Ziada mere abu ki chamchi mat bano."
" Abhi to tumhari pitai frying pan se hogi na . Puttar. Uss ki tiyari kro." she replied and turned to go back.

A flusterd Wali stopped her," Kia chahye tumhe."

" Ab aya na gadha pahaar ke neeche." she replied.

" Its Uunt, you know." he corrected her.
" Jaanti hun, but tum gadhe ho. Ab suno. Mujhe apne project ke liye ik model ki zaroorat hai. Bas 4 ghente ik jaga pr bethe rehna hai. Manzoor hai?"

"Paagal ho gyi ho??!4 ghente ik position mai. Kabhi nhe. Hashir se kaho ya kisi aur se."

" Taya abuuuu" she screamed but not loud enough for anyone to hear.

" Acha acha done hai." Wali said.
He was mad but had no other choice.

" Ab jao apna hooliya theek karo. Saaf lag rha hai, pit ke aaye ho." Insia teased him.

Insia laughed when Wali glared at her.

Insia was the only artistic one in the family.
While the oldest Asfand was thinking of persuing education in Business Wali wanted to spend his time wasting it. He sucked at studying and Hashir wanted to go in Medical, Zakariya wanted to become a dermatologist.

Insia was still in metric along with Ameena and Hania.
Insia wanted to study Fine arts while Ameena was unsure what she wanted to be, Hania was clear cut on becoming a fashion designer.

At noon, when the entire family was sitting in the sitting room, her tayi asked her." Sia beta. aaj tum school gyi thi?"

" Jee tayi ammi. Aaj meri art class thi."

" Kitne afsos ki baat hai na ke laik hone ke bavajood bhi Insia aese fazool kamon me interested hai. Art bhi bhai koi parhney baali cheeze hai." her chachi said trying to sympathize but sarcasm dripped from her mouth like honey.

" Meri beti jo krti hai. Uss me hamesha kamyaab hoti hai. Aur zaroori nhe hai ke ik ghar me sab doctor aur engineer hi hon." her father defended her like the superhero he was.

The mood was gloomy and chahchu kept looking at his wife angrily but soon became normal again when Tiny Haris walks into the room covered in ketchup.

Everyone seemed to forget the exchange while Insia kept pondering upon the harsh words of her chachi.

Eventually, she got up from the room and went towards the hallway that only lead to one place...
Sheesh mehal.

Insia walked into the greenhouse picked up her pencil and sketch pad and started drawing random doodles.
They calmed her down and brought her mind off things.

The rustle of the door gets her attention

It was Asfand, her oldest cousin brother. Her role model.
"Bhai, ap yahan."
Asfand smiled at her as he sat beside her on the floor.
" Tum theek ho, choti."
" Jee bahi."

" Chachi ki baton ka bura mat manaya karo. Ik kaan se sun ke doosre se nikal diya karo. Youre great just the way you are. Apne passion pr datti raho."

" Bhai, but chahchi bahut dil dukhati hn mera.Muje dar lgta hai ke kia pata vo sahi keh rhi hon. Mere baba ka koi beta nhe hai. I dont ever want my father to think that he doesn't have a son."
" Kesi baaten kr rhi ho. Sia. Tumhare baba kabhi aesi baat nhe sochen ge."

" But bhai, me apne baba ka sarmaya banna chahti hun un ko proud banana chahti hun. What if I fail in my profession and bring disgrace to his name." Isia sniffled out her words.

" Aree tum Mir khandàan ki beti ho. tum apne baba ka naam paani me nhe mila sakti. ye tumhare khoon me hi nhe hai iss liye dont worry about that and keep working hard to persue whatever you want to persue."

There was a reason why she thought of Asfand as her biggest supporter and this was the exact reason why.
Wali standing behind the door listened to their conversation quietly smiled to himself and when Afand left, Insia got up to go back to her room as well but Wali slammed the door open, " When are you drawing me?"

" Kia"
" Mujhe draw kro. Taake meri jaan choote."

"Itne otavle ho rhe ho kia. Acha betho."
she gathered her supplies and got to work.

The occasional fights between them" Yaar seedhe betho." Insia told Wali.

Theek se betho, seedha betho gardan theek kro and Kitna rehgya kept going for atleast 3 hours.
But then suddenly, Insia go up and said, ho gya.
"Ye lo aankhen band kro aur 10 tak counting kr ke kholna . Mene bahut mehnat ki hai iss liye mere liye special hai." Insia told Wali.

" Aesa kia bana dia hai."
He finally shut his eyes and counted till ten. When he opened his eyes, his eyes landed on a sketchpad infront of him that said, KESA LAGA MERA MAZAAK

This atrocity in his hand and Insia nowhere to be seen.

So, Insia just made him sit in the most uncomfortable position for 3 hours just to make nothing.

"INSIAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!" he screamed.

A/N You guys, please dont forget to vote and please tell me what u think about the book in the comments.