Chapter 15

AGE: 16

Who would believe that this girl lost her father in just a span of two hours. Two hours ago, she had a father and now she just got the news that turned her fate upside down.

" I'm sorry, we were unable to save your father. Your brother too is in critical condition." the doctor said as he came out of the operation theater.

Insia sat there frozen as her very own limbs gave out. Her entire life ended.
She just lost the only parent she knew her entire life.
She killed her father.

Because of her, Asfand was in critical condition.

Someone ran to her side as she sat on the floor with tear stained eyes but she cried no more  The shock was too huge to make her come to her senses, to make her realize that she lost her father.

Her lifeless head tilted towards the person who just came to her side, shaking life into her.
Wali stood there with fright in his eyes.

"Insia kia hua?" he said eventhough he wished he wouldn't have to.

No answer.

" Insia, kia hua?" he asked, this time louder.

Insia's lifeless body fell onto Wali as she slowly slipped out of consciousness.

The rest of the members came to their side holding her up, trying to get her medical attention. Wali's eyes went to her bloodied hands as another shock wave hit him in the gut.

Insia was taken by the nurse while Wali's misery had just started as him and his father and uncle were informed about their loss.

His father could not handle himself as he lost his brother, and his oldest son was in  a vegetative state infront of his eyes.

Wali tried to hold him up as his own mind refused to process the events of the past few hours.

He was coming back home from his University, when a crying Insia had bumped into him.

Realization hit him hard as he saw her tears,
She had been crying.

Insia ran outside but before he could comprehend what had happened, the entire family was looking for Insia, her father sick with worry as he explained to Wali's father what had happened.

When he heard what his cousin and chachi had done, he could not control himself, and stomped to confront them but was stopped by his elder brother.

" Uss ki himmat kese hui, bhai. Agr Insia ko kuch ho jaye. Vo dono jaanti hn ke uss ki mother ka topic kitna sensitive hai uss ke liye phir bhi." Wali screamed at Asfand.
" Tahammul se kaam lo Wali. Abhi hamari priority Insia ko dhoondna hai."
Asfand explained him.

Insia's father decided, he was going to go look for her and Asfand asked to join. Wali also wanted to go but he stayed to go with his father instead.

And that was the last of what he saw of his chachu and his older brother.

Now, here he was in  a hospital room with his crying mother and shook father.

His eyes went  between his unconcious brother to his dead uncle.

Somewhere in a hospital room, Insia had woken up when suddenly she realized what the doctor had told her and it was as if the land beneath her feet was snatched. She cried as the nurses wrestled with her trying to get her to lay down to treat the cuts on her hands and feet but she ran, barefoot trying to find where her father was.

She opened a door, to find her family members in there crying.
Her pace slowed down as her heartbeat took off. There was a chance that what she heard was wrong.
She slowly walked towards the bed.