Shattered

Days? Weeks? Months? Who knew, maybe even years had passed by. I did not know... and frankly as of right now I did not care. There was only one thing I currently cared about, and that was not doing anything to piss off the demon that kept me in its grip. I was an absolute wreck. Ever since I had that nightmare where Gunner was an owl that was tearing me apart like he did Jacob, I hardly dared to even breathe too loudly.

He did not like loud sounds. What if me breathing too loudly made him mad and he did something to hurt me? Or go and hurt one of my friends who were all probably dead at this point. All of them most likely died horribly as they turned their last thoughts to me.

Where was Y/N? Why had she not saved us right now. Oh, that's right, it's because her mind finally snapped, and she just let all of her friends down.

Damnit Y/N. Just another thing you had to go and fuck up huh? Well, if you had gotten it right the first damn time then they would all be alive right now, wouldn't they? Or maybe, if you had just been a grown up and told your friends no when they first told you the idiotic idea to go in a completely different place than where you were supposed to go.

As I sat here on the bed, my knees drawn up to my face, I continued to scold myself in my head. I ran by all of the times I could have done better from day one. I probably had thousands of different routes thought of in my head at this point. My mind was just this one big butterfly effect right now. My thoughts going as far as...

If I had just taken this one single footstep in this other direction at one time, maybe that would have saved us all! Then I would start scolding myself again. Saying things to myself along the lines of.

" Good job fuck up. Why didn't you think of that at the time!? That sure would have helped you then! instead now your currently here and all your friends are dead because you are nothing but a failure."

Thats how my thought process had been ever since I woke up from that nightmare. Something in the way I had looked into Gunner's eyes after waking up from that Hell just made me snap, shatter, blow away like dust in the wind. I had been nothing, but a nervous and self-loathing wreck ever sense then. Even my kidnapper seemed to be getting concerned. I would only ever eat, sleep, worry and let him take me to another room where I could take care of other problems.

I could feel his eyes on me. His eyes were always on me. He was always watching! ALWAYS WATCHING!!! Thats why I could not dare even breathe too loudly. If I did so than I would end up like the rest of my friends. Six feet under the dirt, or in the dog coop. My thoughts started to turn again.

Why should I not want to die? After all, ... I let all my friends die. Even if it was in Hell why should I still get to live when they did not? Why did I get to still breathe instead of having worms crawl through my flesh and eat my decomposing skin? Why did I get to lay on a bed and not the ground stained with my own blood?

I jumped with a gasp, my leg not bothering me as much as it had before, since I was sure at least a couple of days had passed since I snapped. I just KNEW he was lurking around here somewhere. As I said before, his eyes were always on me. I could tell when he was close. The hairs all over my body stood up on end as I snapped my head over to the door. Low and behold there was the devil himself. Those evil white eyes shimmering at me from the dim light of the hallway beyond. He was hallway into the room as he just stood there like the fucking creeper he was. Not doing anything but observe.

I did nothing but stare back, I was not even sure if my heart was even beating anymore. I did not dare move any muscle in case I somehow messed up again and caused him to become angry at me. So, the minutes ticked by. His expression was confused, and somewhat curious, as mine was terrified, and worried sick.