Dance with the Devil

How much time had passed? Did you mean since Gunner last visited you or since you were kidnapped? Either way, it seemed like an eternity.

How long had you actually been gone though? Long enough for your face to appear on a missing poster like the gas station worker said? He had warned you and despite all the bad feelings you got you ignored the warning.

Long enough for all of your families to notice and send search parties? If it was they were looking in the wrong place. You had all told them you were going to a different area than you were all in currently.

You were all the way on the other side of the state than where they were looking. Unless by some miracle one of the others had told someone where you all had really gone then you knew no one would be coming. If you were going to get out, then you would all have to get out from the inside.

You did not even know which part of the house everyone else was in. God, you were so lonely. You wanted to be at home. You wanted to be in Stella's parent's backyard with the smell of barbeque in the air.

You wanted to be fishing with Jamie's family. Going on a road trip to the local lake and catch some of the Bass there. Jamie's mother always took pictures. You had one on so many fishing trips with them that it was almost like you lived with them for a good amount of your life.

You wanted to go back to your normal life. Going to work in the morning, coming home in the evening, doing things with your family. You never knew you would miss them so much.

You had cried so much you would think you would not be able to cry anymore. That your tear glands would be all dried out and nothing would be left. They just kept coming and coming through. They would not stop, the only time your face was not covered in tears was when you were asleep, and that did not happen often.

So when it did happen it was few times of good release from the horrors you had endured. That's what was happening now. You were sleeping softly. Sleeping softly? How was that possible?

There was a lullaby tune being played by piano somewhere in the house. It was calm and slow, and it soothed your nerves enough for your eyes to close and for your mind to drift off into a much-needed rest.

It was still playing when you woke up. Your brains still being mostly asleep. Your eyes would not even stay open for long. You simply layed your head back down and let the music drift you off again.

It was still there when you woke up next, how long had this been going? Was he playing something from the record player you saw when he recaptured you?

You sat up in the dark room, hearing the blankets rustle against each other as they pooled around your lower body. You rubbed at your eyes to get the rest of the haze of sleep out of them.

When you took your hands away from your face your eyes drifted to the door. They always did, it was the only source of light even if it was almost non-existent.

You took a deep breath of the dry stagnant air. Your mind was still kind of sleepy, you were thankful for that. It helped you not stress out so much at the moment.

There was a sound behind the door and you smiled as two fluffy white paws poked into the room from the other side. Feeling around for a playmate as the kitty meowed at you.

You crawled over to the doorway, still keeping one blanket wrapped around you. Seating yourself in front of the door you gently poked at the paws.

The cat on the other side meowed offended and their paws moved around more frantically. You giggled and layed your hand down. The paw pads were soft as they press against the top of your hand. The feeling quickly changed though as the claws were whipped out and dug into your skin slightly.