The Quiet Mans Voice

You twitched awake with a quiet moan of pain. Your body felt so very numb, yet you could feel all the pain of your wounds. You opened your eyes, but the room was pitch black. The only thing you could see was a faint light shining from underneath the door to your left.

You blinked slowly at it, turning your head to the right to see nothing but a wall of darkness. The light coming from underneath the door was barely reaching you, but no further.

" J-ja-mie... S-st..la." You cried softly into the darkness for them to help you. There was no reply though, no sounds of shuffling bodies as they called towards you.

Fear pierced your heart as you thought of what might have happened to them. did the man kill them when he realized you escaped?!?!

Your head turned left and right quickly for any sort of answer. Your heart and breathing rate starting to pick up as panic engulfed your body. It slowed down though when you remembered when the man first put you in here to dig the pellets out of your leg.

This room was right across from the room with the front door in it. The area you escaped from what more towards the very edge of the house.

You were in a completely different room now... Alone. A sob ripped through your throat before you could make an effort to contain it. Then another came after that and another, before long you were full-on weeping into the dark, silent room. You could not even hear the sound of the wind anymore.

With great difficulty and many whimpers between sobs, you were able to push yourself up into a sitting position. Feeling with shaky hands over your body you were able to figure out that your entire body had been cleaned and all the wounds dressed.

The one on your leg had been completely removed from pellets and was bandaged thoroughly. The rest of the cuts were either bandaged, stitched up, or both. Only the smallest ones were left untouched but they were already scabbed over.

You made small little sounds of pain as you pushed yourself over onto your hands and knees. Trying to feel around for anything in the dark.

You still were crying, and who could blame you. You could not stop the sobs and tears escaping you and you could feel the wetness river down your cheeks and sometimes drip onto your wandering hands.

There was nothing in this room you could feel. Just an old empty room with nothing but splintery floorboards. It hit you once more that you're no longer with your friends. You were now all by yourself. You had no one you trusted to talk to and comfort you. It was that horrid feeling of helpless loneliness that was making you cry so hard.

You jumped and let out a small fear-filled noise as you heard heavy footsteps start stomping in your direction. There was a shadow in front of the door and the knob rattled as it was unlocked and turned. You sucked in a breath so tight you thought your lungs might have turned inside out.

The door just barely cracked open. All you could see from the person on the other side was the big, hollow white eyes as they stared through at you. You could not hold his gaze for more than a second. You flung your head down, but no matter how hard you tried you could not stifle your crying one little bit.

Still, on your hands and knees, you tried to huddle into yourself as much as possible. It really did not do anything but it helped give a slight sense of relief against his stare.

You heard the door shut and the muffled sound of the footsteps fade away into the distance. You breathed heavily for a few moments longer. Sighing in relief when you could not hear them anymore.

You heart picked up again though as no more than a minute later the footsteps were coming back. You scooted as far as you could to the other end of the room as the door opened once more. Letting the dull light shine in.