8 // Strictly Physical

❥ KNOX'S POV

KNOX'S POV

A sly grin creeps across Knox's lips as Everett feigned confidence with his statement.

The boy's eyes no longer glow with fear when looking at Knox, no longer carry disgust and ire. Presently, Everett's pretty brown eyes radiate unadulterated lust. Fucking hot-blooded arousal. It's driving Knox mad on the inside, and it's a wonder how he hasn't already spread Everett wide open to—

"When is this introduction thing happening? I'm not exactly dressed to impress." Everett waves a hand over his lazy outfit, a loose t-shirt with dark sweats, before pulling his leg from underneath Knox's large hand.

The action produces a frown on Knox's face, their skin to skin contact having momentarily warded off the darkness tormenting his soul.

"I can arrange something shortly, but I have to speak with Pres first," Knox says. "Soon as Doc gave him the all-clear earlier today, I went to pick you up. He has no clue I brought you back here."

"Are you sure he'll let me stay?" Everett's brows furrow with worry, his gentle voice having gone quieter.

"After I talk with him, I promise he'll let you stay for as long as you need to," Knox answers. "When I feel it's safe enough for you to return home, I'll tell you. Trust me, there's nothing for you to worry about."

Everett nods. "Okay."

Knox gets up from the bed and he can feel Everett's eyes follow him around the room, part of him enjoying being the center of Everett's attention. Knox makes space in his closet for some of Everett's clothes, and he even goes the extra mile by cleaning out a drawer on the dresser.

It's as if he's forgotten this situation is temporary, not permanent.

"You're being too gracious," Everett calls out a few minutes later. He takes the duffle bag with him to deposit some of his belongings in the dresser drawer that now belongs to him. "But I appreciate it, anyway."

Knox leans against the tall dresser with an impassive look on his face, once again studying Everett's every move. "You were brought into this mess against your will, so the least I can do is make sure you're comfortable while staying here."

"It's crazy how you're completely chill about sharing your bed with a stranger for only God knows how long," Everett says. "I'm not looking forward to it."

"I am," Knox smirks when their gazes find each other again. A familiar heat rips through them like wildfire, amplifying the yearning their bodies feel for one another. It's so potent Knox can almost taste it.

"Do you, uh, plan on walking around here half-naked all day, or are you going to eventually put a shirt on?" Everett questions. He tries to play it cool, but he's actually struggling to keep his eyes from drifting past Knox's neck.