Chapter 5: Selling horses

Early the next morning, it was probably only 4:00 am when Bai Yu woke up from the alarm she had set. First of all, she remembered that she had forgotten the daily rewards of yesterday. Clicking on the gift box on the screen, she got a dagger and 1x point. Then for today she got another 10 taels of silver and 1x point.

After calming herself, Bai Yu immediately tidied herself, ate hot porridge from the space, and then left the inn.

She went towards a carriage dealing shop and asked the price of a carriage and a horse for pulling it.

"2 Gold ingots to buy them both and 1 tael of Silver to rent for a day?! Isn't this trying to rob!!" Bai Yu was shocked when she heard the price; She who was used to spending money like water since she was born, had to be stingy for the first time since she couldn't afford it currently..

Well, she could only ask about an ox cart.
She could rent it for 30 Wen a day; which seemed very economical as compared to the horse carriage; thus she decided upon the ox cart.

She first went back to the inn, took Aunt Li and her son, both of whom had already woken up, to have breakfast, then went to Master Wang's shop where a young man was already waiting for her. Then took all three of them to the dealership.

When it was 5:00 am and the sun was just rising, the four of them embarked on their way towards the inn; on an ox cart.

After almost 12 hours, at five in the evening, they finally reached the inn. Bai Yu, after experiencing this utterly tirung journey, was once again thankful for the solar bikes she had brought with her. When Aunt Li looked at the dilapidated inn as her future home, even the broken roof looked beautiful to her; she decided to spend the rest of her life serving girl Yu in this home.

The young man from the mason's shop got off the cart and examined the inn from outside; well, there was almost no intact part. They would probably need alot of materials to rebuild it, yes, rebuild. Bai Yu wanted a new inn instead of this run-down building.

Bai Yu went inside the kitchen, took out a sack of millet and some vegetables from the space, and started preparing porridge for the four of them.

While eating, everyone's eyes lit up as they felt the deliciousness of Bai Yu's cooking. In such a cold weather, the hot porridge made their limbs and meridians warm. After that, Aunt Li sent her son Zhao Gu to a room to rest while she immediately picked up a broom to clean the inn.

Bai Yu discussed with that young man about the inn in the dining room.
The young man took out a pen and paper and started drawing. She had deliberately asked for someone who could draw maps.

Bai Yu wanted to convert this small inn into something like a residence with the servants quarters. The stable behind needed to be expanded and have different sections, since the rich people always have some wierd preferences for places to stay. The new inn would be built on the left side of this residence.

She defined the structure of the inn according to the modern standards; three floors, on the ground floor would be a kitchen, a dining room, a lobby, a reception area and two bathroom. There would be two staircases parallel to each other, each one leading to a corridor with guest rooms. On the first floor would be five rooms in each of the two corridors and while three rooms in each corridor in the second floor. All the rooms would have balconies and powder rooms. A pond would be dug behind the inn.

Since the washrooms in this era did not have toilets, there was no drainage system and thus they were just thatched huts. It would be too smelly if included in the inn, thus four thatched huts would be built on the left side of the inn; two for males, two for females. The residence would have its own thatched huts on the right side. The bathrooms on the first floor of the inn just contained large bathtubs, they woukd also be separate for males and females.

After Bai Yu had explained everything, the young man was shocked as his dropped jaw almost touched the ground; it was not just a big project, it was huge. He looked at the dilapidated inn and was suspicious whether this little owner could even afford their service or not.

After resting for a night, Aunt Li left Zhao Gu, who had gotten quite better after two days of rest, to take care of the inn while she went with Bai Yu and the other young man back to the town on the ox cart.

After another twelve hours of journey, Bai Yu just made a new decision. She first returned the ox cart and bought a new one with 15 taels of silver. She then took Aunt Li to buy some grocery; rice, vegetables, meat and some live poultry. After buying all these, she asked Aunt Li to go back by herself, she would go back tomorrow since she still had something to do. After repeated reassurance, Bai Yu finally managed to send her back. After that, she looked around and went towards a secluded corner. Changing her appearance in the space, she went to a horse dealership.

She asked the doorman to call the manager as she had something urgent.

"Dear customer, what kind of horse do you need?" The manager who had been disturbed while eating, was not in a very good mood, specially when he noticed that the youngster in front of him did not look like someone from a rich family.

"I have three horses of good breed that I want to sell." Bai Yu went straight to the chase.

"Uh, three horses, fine take me to see them." The manager immediately changed his face when he heard what she said. But then he became suspicious.

"Young man, I am telling you clearly, those horses must not be stolen! I will only buy them if they are yours." He immediately stated his stance.

"They indeed belong to me, I have recently had someone buy them from the Western Regions." Bai Yu reassured him while taking him to the outside of the town.

Thankfully, she had the foresight to buy hundreds of horses while collecting supplies; she knew the value of horses in this era.

After selling the three white horses for almost two coins of Gold, and also buying a carriage with the extra money, Bai Yu was finally satisfied. She put the carriage in her space and made her next stop at the slave market near the outskirts of the town.

The people in this era still had the thinking that slaves were just like things; people were sold and bought on whim. She could not free all of them but could atleast free some of them and treat them better. A little kindness on her part could very well be the change this world needed.

******
A/N: The readers would have already noticed that I literally.. suck at dialogues
         ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ 

But I am trying hard to work on that... Anyways, I'll appreciate if you guys like, comment and vote. Goodbye!