Chapter 7: First Customer

Moonlight Inn? This name was interesting... Now that she could not find that person, and currently had nowhere to go, it would probably be the best to stay at an inn for some time.

Following the boards which were placed every few metres, Jiang Ci finally found this so-called Moonlight Inn after almost 30 hours... Well that also included the time she took to rest and eat; her horse really was the best.

Although this inn was quite isolated: being the only one on this road, she still had quite a good first impression since the staff was very conscientious. A boy immediately came towards her to lead her horse to the stables, while the concierge invited her inside respectfully.

From entering the inn to finally settling in the room on the first floor, Jiang Ci felt quite novel. With this cozy but low-key luxurious atmosphere, respectful attitude of the staff from the doorkeeper to the maids, she wondered why she had never heard of this inn before?

Bai Yu came back from paying homage to the original owner's parents, just to hear the good news that they finally welcomed their first customer. She happily waited for the customer to come down after freshening up as she reminded everyone of their individual duties.

Looking at the heroic appearance of the girl as she descended the stairs, Bai Yu felt very proud. Girls could do everything that men could, whether it be the modern era or the ancient one.

"Hello! You are the very first customer of our inn since its reopening, thus we will be giving you 30% discount on your stay and all your orders! Please enjoy our service!" As Jiang Ci looked at the young owner of this inn, she was surprised at her unordinary bearing and jolly manner.

When she looked at the menu in the dining room, she realised that she did not know many of the names written in it, and thus Bai Yu decided to introduce the dishes to her. Jiang Ci eventually decided to order all their signature dishes.

After ordering, she looked at her dusty appearance and decided to take a bath before eating. But unfortunately, she remembered that she had only brought some money with her, and had, infact, brought no change of clothes with her.
Annoyed, she mumbled a bit loudly.

Bai Yu's eyes lit up as she once again praised her foresight: she had bought some brand new ready to wear clothes at the County's famous tailor shop just a few days ago.

"Miss Jiang, in addition to accommodation and food, we also provide clothes at the guests' own expenses. If you don't have a change of clothes, you can consider buying from us, instead of having to go far just to buy clothes." Bai Yu immediately enticed her first customer.

Hearing that, Jiang Ci was really moved. After buying two sets, she took one of the sets to the bathhouse and was once again stunned: there was a large wooden tub filled with hot water, but what surprised her more was the round fragrant thing beside the bathtub. As she held it in her hands, the fragrant but greasy thing slipped from her wet hands and fell into the bathtub. As she took it out, she also noticed a small container filled with a white liquid.

Feng Qing, who had already expected this reaction, stepped forward to introduce those things.

"Miss, this round thing is a soap, our boss made it herself, and it contains absolutely no harmful materials; you can use it to wash yourself with confidence. And this liquid is called a shampoo, it is used to wash hair. You can try using these things without any fear!"

Jiang Ci felt that she was now quite able to accept all these strange things in this inn. After Feng Qing went out, Jiang Ci immediately took a bath, since she had already ordered food before coming here.

When she came out, she felt refreshed all over. The fragrance that her hair and skin emitted, made her extremely happy. Although she was someone from the Jianghu, she was also a girl who loved cleanliness. She now wanted to stay in this inn forever.

And she further affirmed her decision when she tried the unique dishes of this inn: Aunt Li, who had completely learned those modern dishes stated on the menu from Bai Yu, added her own twists into the recipe and made them even more appetising.

"Can you really teach us martial arts?!" Bai Yu asked ecstatically.

While eating, Jiang Ci had told her that she was the number 1 martial artist on the list of Jianghu. Bai Yu jokingly mentioned wanting herself and her two maids to learn martial arts, and surprisingly, Jiang Ci agreed. But her only condition was: she wanted to stay here free of cost. She had come from far away while finding someone, and had somehow spent almost all her money on the way. She still wanted to stay in this inn but had very little money left. So it was just like someone had offered her a pillow when she was sleepy.

Teaching martial arts to these three people would be easy: although Bai Yu was a little older, it was not like these three people had to worship her as a master; she would just be a temporary teacher for them till the end of her stay here.

Taking advantage of her agreeing, Bai Yu took the time to visit the slave market once again and bought 8 slave girls, all between the age of 10-12, and a middle aged pair of husband and wife as the stewards of the inn.

Since there was a ready-made teacher, she decided to not only learn martial arts herself, but also train these ten girls as her personal guards. They could accompany her in the future and also protect her safety at crucial times. As a businesswoman, Bai Yu was used to looking far ahead into the future.

And thus, the number one martial artist in the rankings of Jianghu was roped in by Bai Yu to train her special forces. This was how the most mysterious organisation in the future, the "WindFrost" came into being.

Back to the current time, as three more months passed by, Bai Yu welcomed several more waves of customers thanks to the advertisement boards, and thus the reputation of MoonLight Inn gradually began to spread in the Country of Yan.

The most famous thing about this inn was not its foods nor the service, but the soaps and shampoos it provided. Customers were not allowed to buy them, they could only take away the ones they had used.

Very early on, instead of directly using the soaps from modern time, Bai Yu, using the way she learned to make soaps, and melting the soaps from modern times, had made new very thin soaps that could only be used one or two times at most. Afterall, she did not want to lose this monopoly; these soaps and shampoos were what would make her inn even more famous and allow her to gradually spread her circle of influence.