Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Are you sure he's an actor from the same film as Joshua Miller?" Special Agent Sally Roux asked her partner Donald Ferguson. They had arrived at the crime scene where the two hunters were still giving their statements.

"My name is John...John Hackleberry. This is my brother Billy. We weren't hunting. We were just out taking a walk. "

"A walk?" the officer at the scene asked him, looking skeptically at the rifle in his hands.

"We have these guns for protection," Billy intervened. "It's not safe to go anywhere nowadays."

"I suppose you always wear camouflage when you go out for a walk in the woods as well?" the officer asked.

Billy and John looked at each other. John cleared his throat, "Well, we always wear camo on account of it being so fashionable."

"You think camo is fashionable?" the officer asked.

Billy and John looked at one another again. "Well who doesn't like camouflage? This is Texas."

The officer stopped himself from rolling his eyes, "Listen guys, I'm not going to arrest you for hunting without a license. Just tell me what happened out here."

John cracked first, "Fine, we were out here when we saw a bunch of birds."

"Vultures," Billy corrected.

"Right, vultures circling in the sky," John explained. "We saw these vultures and thought something big must have died for there to be so many birds."

"Vultures," Billy corrected for the second time.

John made an impatient sound, "Vultures. Anyway, I wanted to see if there was a dead animal over here so we walked to where the vultures were at."

"And that's when I saw it!" Billy wiped a hand over his sweaty forehead, "That body...just hanging from the trees."

"Do you think an animal did it?" John asked the officer.

"Is it some kind of voodoo ritual?" Billy shoved his brother aside to ask.

"It's still under investigation," the officer sighed. He resented having to take a statement from the two men he considered country bumpkins.

A few feet away, Sally looked at the ID of the victim. His wallet was open and safely tucked away in a clear evidence bag. The driver's license read Luke Dennings. "This was on the victim?"

"It was in his back pocket," Donald nodded. "It's why they called us. Another death related to the film."
"Well you know what this means Ferguson," Sally sighed.

"We need to start getting alibis from all the police officers from this town?" Donald asked.

"What? Why would we do that?"

Donald shrugged, "Can you blame me for asking? The last two psychopaths this town had were cops. I'd bet good money our guy is another cop."

Sally smiled, "It's possible."

Donald sighed, "I wonder if this is another disciple to the Demon King."

"The disciples were fans of the Demon King. I have a feeling our guy isn't a fan of David Wilson or his father Vincent McDaniels."

"Why do you say that?" Donald asked Sally.

Sally hadn't told her partner Donald about the vials of blood she had received. Someone wanted to frame Vincent McDaniels for murder. She wasn't sure why she failed to share that bit of information yet. Perhaps she wanted the killer to succeed.