Part 4

2 days had passed since the incident that night. I did get his results and he didn't have anything concerning. I didn't want to contact him so I was waiting for him to message me to tell me mine but he didn't. So I decided to message him. 

"I got your results." I messaged. 

"What was it?" He replied. 

"You don't have anything. And mine?" 

"Yours were fine too." 

"Ok." I replied. 

I put my phone down and continued with my work. I heard a buzz from my phone and picked it up. 

"I'll come to your house at 8:00pm to take you out for dinner." He messaged. 

"Are you asking or commanding?" I questioned. 

"A bit of both." 

"Ok, see you then." I replied. 

_____________

Time skip

I finished work at 5:30 and decided to go home to get ready. This smarty didn't tell me what type of dinner or anything so I have to clue what to wear.

I started looking at what to wear when my phone buzzed with a message. 

Lorenzo Adams

"Gonna have to cancel. Something came up."

You joking-

At least it saves me the trouble of getting ready. 

"Ok"

"Come on, don't be upset about it."

"I'm not"

"Then what's with the short replied?"

"It's how I text"

He thinks too much...

"I want to decide out marriage date"

That was random. 

"Maybe next week"

My eyes widened. 

"Next week? Isn't that too early?"

"Not really"

"Think about it, then let me know."

"I'm busy"

I rolled by eyes reading his last message. 

I decided to get into my pyjamas and get comfortable and watch something. 

_________________________

Time Skip - 1 week 

A week has gone past and today is my wedding. I guess he managed to convince me to get married early.

I was walking down the aisle with my dad. 

Not many people were invited only close relatives and a few business partners. 

My dad gave my hand to Lorenzo and he helped me up the small stairs. 

We stood in front of each other hand in hand with the priest saying the vows. 

I didn't pay much attention to what the priest was saying I was still slightly shocked that I actually agreed to this. Let's hope this marriage ends better than the one before. 

It was time to say "I do," and we did. 

"You may now kiss the bride."

You've got to be joking, I didn't think about this. - even though it is my second wedding. 

I hope he doesn't kiss me. Don't get me wrong he is good looking, I mean he's godly but we are practically strangers. - but married now. 

He leaned and pressed his lips against mine, kissing me. It was a gently, quick kiss and he pulled away. 

Everyone was cheering. 

We were greeted by family and others. 

Lorenzo's dad, Elijah Adams and his wife came towards us. 

"Congratulations on the wedding son." Mr Adams said whilst tapping Lorenzo's shoulder. 

"Congratulations Phoenix, welcome to the family." Mrs Adams said. 

"I'm Elijah's wife, Emily." She said again and I smiled at her. 

She seemed too young for Mr Adams and she looked nothing like Lorenzo. Lorenzo didn't seem to pleased to be around them either. My thoughts were interrupted by Mr and Mrs Adams excusing themselves.

I was looking around at the people speaking to each other since I had nothing better to do. Lorenzo's boring anyways. Lorenzo's voice interrupted my thoughts. 

"Should we go?" He asked. 

"We should say bye to our parents first." I replied. 

"No need, its not like they are important." He said holding my hand lightly pulling me along with him. 

"Lorenzo, you need to respect your mom and dad." 

"She's not my mom, she's my step mom." 

My eyes widened at his words. It makes more sense. 

"Also a gold-digger, and a lying whore-" I interrupted him. "Lorenzo, theirs's no point." I said lightly squeezing his hand which was holding mine and he nodded as we both walked out. 

We both sat in the back of the car and the driver started driving. 

The drive was silent until we made it in front of his home. And damn if I thought my home was nice and big, his is even bigger and nicer. My thoughts were interrupted by my door opening from the driver, I smiled at him and got out. 

Lorenzo started walking ahead as I walked a few steps behind. I really don't like this awkward feeling. There is too much deja vu for me to process. 

Someone opened the door for us and we went into the house. 

He started walking up the stairs so I decided to follow, since he's clearly not in the mood of speaking. 

He entered the room and I reluctantly entered behind. 

"We are gonna have to share room since I need everyone to believe this marriage is real." He said whilst taking his suit jacket off and I nodded. 

"You can go change, we've put your stuff in here already." He said and I did. 

I entered the closet with an attached bathroom. I took a shower and changed into some silk night wear. 

I got out the closet and saw Lorenzo already laying in bed shirtless

He wouldn't have died if he decided to wear a shirt for one day. At least till I get comfortable. 

I walked around the bed and lay down near the corner. 

Well at least bed time didn't give me deja vu of my first marriage...