Part 8

Time skip - 3 days

Lorenzo's parent were coming over today. Apparently they were bring a guest along with them, so I started getting ready.

I did have work today but since I went for the past few days I cancelled today. I am the CEO after all.

I decided to wear something casual but formal.

I combed my hair then did some simple makeup

Lorenzo left the bathroom whilst I was touching up my makeup.

He looked me up and down in approval then went to put is suit shirt on.

We were both wearing black. I can't say it was unintentional on my part.

"Who's the guest that's coming with them" I asked him. "Not sure, I didn't bother asking." He replied.

A random guest is coming with his parents and he doesn't know? This doesn't sound right.

We heard a car horn so we went downstairs.

I wasn't really nervous to see his parents again since I knew they couldn't do much to me. Even if his weird step mom said something I know Lorenzo would say something, well I hoped.

The door opened and his parents entered with another woman.

The woman was barely wearing any clothes, I swear if she moved a little she would expose everything.

I ignored her and greeted his parents with a smile.

That's when Lorenzo's step mom spoke. "This is Alessandra." She said to me and I smiled at her to be polite.

"Nice to meet you Alesssandra, I'm Phoenix." I said and she scoffed at me lowly but enough for me to hear.

I ignored her and we all went into the dining room.

Anna started serving food and she didn't seem to pleased for some reason. I didn't know if it was the parents or this practically naked girl that showed up.

I thanked Anna and we started eating.

"You see Phoenix, Alessandra and Lorebzo have always been close." Lorenzo's mom said and before I could say anything Lorenzo spoke up.

"Not really." He said plainly.

This is probably the first time I liked Lorenzo's short, cold, harsh, and hurtful reply.

"Oh come on Lorenzo, you know we are close. We were even in a relationship." Alessandra spoke up in a sickening sweet voice.

Her sweet voice made me and Lorenzo visibly cringe, even Lorenzo's father did.

"By relationship if you mean a one night stand then sure." Lorenzo spoke.

That hurt.

"You know it was more than a one night stand." Alessandro said getting defensive.

"You practically threw yourself upon me. What did I expect though, I always knew you were a whore." Lorenzo said looking down at his food not caring about how his words probably pierced her heart.

My mouth was left slightly open, I can't believe what I just heard.

"You-"

She was cut off by Lorenzo.

"Even if we did it back then, I now have a wife. Only she gets me now, so back off." Lorenzo said holding my hand and bringing it on the table for everyone to see.

"Oh please Lorenzo we all know she's not your type. You prefer girls who aren't afraid to express themselves through clothing, like Alessandra." Lorenzo's mom said making him scoff.

"You mean someone who dresses like a slut?" Lorenzo said coldly.

They want me to dress like a slut? No self respect left in the world.

"Lorenzo watch you mouth-" his step mom started saying but was cut off by him.

"Don't boss me about, Emily." Lorenzo said glaring at her this time. Before anyone could reply he got up and left.

I couldn't help but think why Mr Elijah Adams, Lorenzos dad's, purpose was in the family. He seems completely unaffected by the matter.

"You bitch-" Alessandra was about to say to me but I got up to follow Lorenzo.

I went into our room behind him to see he was not affected at all by what happened downstairs. He was on a phone call talking about work, as always.

I sat on the bed which was opposite to where he was sitting on the couch.

Once he was finished on the call I spoke. "How are you so unaffected by what just happened?"

"It's normal. Emily has a habit of speaking trash, don't take it seriously. And if it's about Alessandra then she's no one to me." He replied.

I trust everything Lorenzo says so I just nodded back.

"They have plans to stay, get Anna to show then their rooms. It's best if you stay away from them" He said to me.

"How long will they stay?"I asked.

"I don't know, they're annoying it'll take a while to get rid of them" He said and I laughed lightly to which he raised an eyebrow at me.

"You get annoyed easily." I said with a smile.

"I don't get annoyed by you, but I should."